Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Friday

Breakfast of cheese toastie and real coffee by the Oxford Canal

12.00, Shameless Quo.
and shameless shopping and guinness.
Bodega were pleasant but not world shaking..a bit samey and ballady. Then Came the Wheel, hmm, I don't remember them. So not actively unpleasant. Rainbow Chasers, probably very good but we got a bit tired of the big I AM MODEST BUT YOU KNOW HOW BRILLIANT I AMness of Ashley Hutchins. Deborah Bonham was lots of fun, bluesy and rocky. Very nice with Tartiflette.*
8.35 pm. John Martyn and band. Well I enjoyed them from various queues and stalls. Couldn't decide about the silver flower earrings. Very pricey. DONUTS. hot fresh and I love them. With cappucino again.
10.30, 10cc. YEAH!
OK, they're middle of the road and old hat but they were tight and sharp and we liked hearing all the old stuff. And no self indulgence, no interminable ramblings. Just good fun. Just as well because it was getting a bit cold.
And so to bed. Cosy :) (but no teaspoon and it's really hard to squash a teabag with a small wooden stick filched from the coffee stall!)

I wish I'd been able to take a picture of the obedient and well behaved crowd heading back to the campsite. We were let through the gate in huge groups to avoid crushed bodies in the narrow bits and there were all these people laden with bags and chairs, babies and paraphanalia quietly ambling past the quiet site , over Emma's Bridge, through bright lights and deep shadow all talking softly so as not to wake the locals (too much) over the canal bridge and dispersing in the dark and wind through the field of tents. Shepherded to the side of the cattle grid so as not to incur drunken broken ankles. Very good.

*Tartiflette is a wonderful concoction of potatoes, garlic, onion, cream and smoked bacon, originating in the Haute Savoie and making a first, welcome appearance at Cropredy. Served with a sausage cooked in white wine and dribbled with winey gravy. Perfect for a cold stormy windy night. (though it was only stormy in the song)

5 comments:

At 3:53 AM, Blogger Kata said...

Sounds like way too much fun to me! Seething in jealousy yet again...xx

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Urban Chick said...

10cc?? really???????

ooh, jealous!!!

oh, and tartiflette? mmmmmmmmmmm

doubly jealous

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Mel said...

*joining the ranks of the jealous*

And I want a pair of those patchwork flannel trousers, dangit!

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Next year the trousers may be reduced even further, as much as £15 perhaps?
I could take orders?

UC, I'd forgotten how good 10CC are. And I will have to start makeing tartiflette again.

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger Mel said...

k.....I'll admit that I have no clue what tartiflette is.....IF ya'll don't poke fun at my ignorant self.....

*sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home