Sunday, July 30, 2006

Once again

the night is echoing to the sound of a small (tiny) person braoadcasting distress. (it's teething trouble). This time the tiny person is shrieking like a stuck pig. And I do wish I could think of something useful and soothing to offer but I can't.
Oh well, the party so far is going like an autumn bonfire. Brilliantly. I will certainly have a hangover again tomorrow but I have some nice photos and so has Peter and everyone has finally arrived (Adam at 10.00 pm). Vast quantitiies of food have been eaten and vast quantitiies of washing up done (not by me). Everyone is happy with all of ourselves. the day was enhanced with juggling and food and drink and sunshine and rain and assorted delightful children and babies. Also croquet and Aunt sally. Finished off with a merry drunken conversation in the dark and gentle drizzle under canvas and a flying visit from Youngest and her new boyfriend with hair raising tales of drunken, violen, lesbian head waitress, frightened apprentice, nervous cook and enormous important wedding feasts.
Tents and matresses were bandied and dragged around (in the rain) but I think everyone has a dry place to lay their heads and warm covers. and maybe even lights of some sort.
There was a moment when several of us discovered that we all blog and didn't know it (Ooh, lots of fun new blogs to read, I've said no one may leave without writing down their blog URL).
A family party is a good time to invesigate the invisible lines which connect us. And how we like to follow them. One time I came in to find a whole lot of people reading my blog (!!!) and another time there was a conversation about who looks like who.
Tomorrow it seems Eldest is going to help out in the restaurant (if he can find shoes and socks to fit) since the mad drunken etc head waitress will be gone (or still around and causing mayhem) and youngest will be struggling to keep things going smoothly. I suddenly wonder if we should all go and help out..it would certainly be entertaining.

Well just now, there is softly clattering rain and a marvellous cool breeze and I am as usual, the last one up. Oh and the dog's just been sick!
tomorrow I may be more coherant. Maybe :)
Sleep well.

Oh, forgot to mention extravagent compliments from nephew, a charming and enormously talented boy who will probably go far. I do like a boy with discerning taste!
And two teenage girls who distinguished themselves this year by being much nicer and a bit more approachable than last year. Svelte and merry and funny girls.

Oh and in case you were worrying, the tiny person has settled down. Phew. Mum and dad can get some sleep at last :)

11 comments:

At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really good time was had by all - splendid!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Sam said...

wooo you keep late hours! Party on and dont forget to share photographic evidence :-)

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Mel said...

:-) What great fun to be 'read' by a crowd--yikes! LOL At least I'm certain it's good for willing participants.

I'm still going 'YIKES' at the prospect!!

Hope you enjoyed what little time of the event is left!
(And 'awwwww' for the poor puppy!!)

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger frangelita said...

Tiny person was indeed quite disruptive.

All good family fun, though...

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Yes it was pretty splendid Thursday (and everybody was very nice and said how CLEAN it all was! (I think someone told them about my cleaning orgy :)

I seem to get a second wind around midnight Faery and there were all these people sitting outside on the lawn drinking and chatting...I couldn't possibly have missed out!

It was slightly alarming Mel, I was trying to think if I might have said anything incriminating! Presumably not as no one's stopped talking to me :)

Oh go on Frangelita...tiny person gave us something to warble on about for a bit and I don't think anyone was kept awake (except poor Mum and Dad). I was more dispruptive, suddenly bursting out to tell everyone to make less noise in the middle of the night under nextdoor's bedroom window :)

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger hannah said...

The weekend was fantastic and we had a lovely time, thankyou so much for organising and hosting such a fun party.

apologies for my tiny persons outbursts (terrible-twos, a year early uurgh) and night crying...although the crying in this post was the other tiny person, the usually quiet one!

and now I am going to continue to stalk you forever on your blog. see you next year!!

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger concerned citizen said...

What a lovely story. it amazes me how much your part of the world looks & sounds like the Pacific Northwest(Oregon) esp. the rain parts.

Your family sounds wonderful & since they read your blog, I'm sure we will all continue to hear only about how wonderful they are. ;P hee hee

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Annie said...

I love family parties.

God, it never occurred to me that my family members might also have blogs.

*Googlesfamilymembers*

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Hi Hannah :) Wasn't it lots of fun :)
And all the tiny persons were an endless source of entertainment and mildly hysterical delight. No need to apologise for any of them.

That reminds me Lt, there's a picture I meant to post ages ago...referring to how like Pacific NW Our bit of Uk sounds.
And of course since the family are all wonderful I won't have a problem being nice about them. Actually this isn't far from the truth :) (just as well).

Hi Annie Rhiannon, nice to see you here :) Some family parties could form the basis for whole novels but ours, though great fun, are fairly tame. I felt a bit silly not having guessed that there would be a few blogs among the younger members at least so it's great to have made new blog contacts:)

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger weirdbunny said...

Came over via gentlytiptoe (Hannah's) website, love your blog.

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Thankyou weirdbunny...I shall come and visit :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home