Monday, July 24, 2006

We had curry for tea. It was very nice with lots of herbs and pepper and brown rice may look more healthy and nutritious if it comes in a pale transparent packet but has to be nice if it comes in a purple packet!


The family party is positively looming. I cleaned the bathroom today. I've always had a problem with shower cleaning....it seems silly to take a bucket in there when you can rinse everything from floor to ceiling and wash yourself as well. Only I don't like standing in the cleaning fluid stuff...I've never found a product that says it's ok to use on showers and feet!
Today I found the solution. Feet in plastic bags. Works a treat (but I had to be very careful not to slip while sloshing around in inches of cleaning fluid as I'm quite sure my skin is a not hard enough surface to withstand power cleaning)

So anyway, there I was, yesterday, sitting in a traffic jam and trying to improve the golden hour*

And there's this nice little yellow van exactly matching the estate agent's sign
And as I'm snapping away at him, I realise that the man in the van is really very pissed off with whoever's on the other end of his mobile. Quite unconcerned about a whole traffic queue twenty feet away from him, all sitting there in the hot sun with open windows listening to the chirping of little birds and the breeze rustlng the trees and, no doubt, to him, effing and blinding away at the top of his voice as though nobody else were sharing his planet.
All I can say is, I'm glad I don't share his planet.

*That was actually the queue at the level crossing, so all sitting there with engines off.

7 comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

I love the mirror photo

(and am laughing heartily at the thought of someone wearing plastic bags on their feet to clean a shower, what dedication to the cause!!!)

I really like the yellow van/sign photo (although kinda glad from what you say that I couldn't hear his ranting)

but my resounding feeling is one of being very happy to be able to share your planet mig!

(that's enough gushing now, isn't it!)

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

oh, and I meant to say I really hope the family party goes well. . .

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Thank you I, the party probably will go well as they're a very well behaved crowd and as far as I know there are few serious feuds or furies among us.
And I'm so glad we do share a planet too :) Sharing planets is often good.

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger concerned citizen said...

& now your house is all spiffy clean!

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Spiffy clean is good!

And purple wrappers make everything better! Personally, I'm a sucker for purple packaging.
True!

Have a grand time with the family, Mig! Let 'em mess the house up! LOL What's a messy clean house? It's the messy dirty ones that make me batty.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger frangelita said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Er not quiite LT :) But some of the more daunting bits I hope.

I keep wandering around beaming at my clean bits of house Mel. It's so nice. And such a contrast to the other bits! Oh well back to the scrubby things :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home