Friday, July 14, 2006

Goodness, it's gone all quiet.

Middle one and HF and several of their friends are going to a party near us tomorrow night. So they're using us as a base. As a result there have been phone calls flying and arrivals and departures and unexpected calls for help from youngest whos babysitter let her down.
In fact it's been like Picadilly Circus round here today.
Anyway, they've all gone to wherever they're going tonight, Barney and HF have gone to the pub and it's only 9.15.
So actually there's going to be a hiatus now while I practice my fiddle. Had a lesson today and I so need to do something about it.
In case you didn't know, I'm really a magpie. Here's blue, from my hoard (there's not much gold in the hoard so I can't be a dragon)
Even bluer.


Right. done the practising (very satisfying too).

And the bread's ready, (the heavenly smell brought me down. I cheat though, we use a machine to make it)
And we had venison with gorgeously glossy gravy.

And yesterday I had this lovely, delicate little visitor.

Well, that's altogether quite a satisfactory evening. And it's only midnight so if I get a move on I might get to bed at a sensible time.

6 comments:

At 3:11 AM, Blogger Kata said...

Ok, starving now. How about some of that bread with peanut butter on it Mig? Also dig the old books behind the glamorous objects in first photo!

 
At 3:52 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Blues, bread and butterflies....*dreamy sigh*

AND a quiet evening to enjoy as your own.
That it follows the hustle and bustle of children and children not of your own makes it even more precious!

I do hope you enjoyed every second!
Gorgeous blues, btw.
And I can smell that bread!
;-)

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Scruffy past hiding behind er...well some bits of glamourous present. (they look good hanging up anyway but I'm afraid I remain as scruffy as I was when I was a kid reading those books:)

I did enjoy thank you Mel. Would have saved you all some bread but it's bin et all up :)

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Ooh Blog Dog, you're a dear :)
But the link doesn't work...no problem, I found it anyway.
Thank you :)

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Have to say it has impact!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

nice books

(well, nice everything, but especially nice books!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home