Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Continuing cleaning saga

It's 11.48 and the best time of a hot (mygoodnessisn'titjust) summer's day. The wind is blowing cool air through the windows instead of what feels like the blast from a furnace. The moon ought to be up any minute (I'm waiting for it to get just a little bit smaller so I can try out latest tips from useful camera book and maybe get myself a crescent moon).

My feet have been getting bigger and bigger all day (I put it down the steady melting down of my person so that all my insides were gradually sliding down into my feet...only flaw with that theory is why hasn't the top got smaller?).* Anyway, now it's cool, they've stopped growing. Phew! I can put my sandals on before I go to bed.

The dog is still flopping around like a limp, hairy rag but he isn't panting quite so much and he even went looking for his tuggy toy just now (I assume he's left it outside again...honestly, do I even have to tidy up after the dog?!!)

I cleaned another corner of the kitchen...this brought me to the edge, nay the full expanse of the top of the extractor hood. I scooped up a clothful of little greasy corpses of moths and flies and at least a handful of soggy cat hair (Tosca spends a lot of time on top of the cupboard and used to use the cooker hood as the long easy way down). I was brave and determined and attacked it with every cleaning product I possess (especially the ones that say don't mix this product with other cleaning products). I wobbled about on a chair and my ballooning feet and sweat splashed onto my glasses (which was a good thing as I realised I couldn't see what I was doing because I was wearing them). Later, victorious and slightly sticky, I threw away three scrubby things and two empty cleaning product bottles. (the contents of the two having glued themselves greasily to the three)

Half the kitchen is now clean and whitish/cream and shiny! No going back then :)

This is a nice little shed up the road a way (much too hot for this weather though)

And I sort of promised these the other day. Evil but pretty birds. And cool!

Tomorrow I plan to see a bit of morning, the early part of it. Barney's going to work at 6 and coming home early in an attempt to avoid being fried on the top of the roof so I'm hoping to get some of that early coolth as well.
Hope you're all sleeping thankfully during these cool night hours.

*Of course, the top half is being filled up with all the gallons of water I'm pouring in to make up for all the sweatyness.

5 comments:

At 5:32 AM, Blogger Kata said...

*gasping with glee at the visuals*

Just what my poor desert eyes wanted to see right now! Word to the heatwave...(104 F today here!)

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Mel said...

I'm feeling validated on the evils of stove hoods!
Ours sucks up and sticks whatever's whizzing past--and I dare to admit it's fairly disgusting!

No pup's toy needs retrieved here--but we've finally found some cool as well.

I'll eagerly await photos of the cresent moon and more great descriptions of your world. They're brilliant.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger starbender said...

oh, I luv the shed, it is adorable!
The swans are beautiful birds! Sooo majestic, u can see it in this photo! Just fantastic mig!
:)

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

cooker hoods

evil

funny about the heat and your feet, well not really as I know all to well - buckets of sympathy BTW - as I've just written about that too

(but why did you put your sandals on before you were going to bed?)

as you can see the heat has gone to my brain, enough garbling, but can I add one sensible thing?

where are the photos of the crescent moon!!

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Ooh Blog Dog, that's an idea!
But it will have to wait for cooler weather :)

Mangey, I'm not sure what the temp is in F over here but it's a big number.

Mel I'm so glad somebody's cool. Not that I am complaining of course...I still love being hot, I just don't want to get a lot hotter. Or even a tiny bit hotter frankly:)

thankyou Star, I almost didn't bother with the shed but I'm gald I did :)

Crescent moon is still too fat for my taste I, but I am watching out for it.
Put sandals on to check that feet still fitted and to collect stuff from outside (stony path). It's ok though, I did take them off before I actually went to bed :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home