Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Sad dog and drunken moths


I love long hot evenings but they do bring their difficulties.
The dog can't be let out on his own because he squeezes through the hedge or just leaps (elegantly, like a little showjumper) over the fence, goes off and raids other peoples' compost heaps and comes home to be sick on my carpet. So if we want to open all the doors and windows (which we do when it's this hot) we have to tie him up, either in the garden with access to shade and water, or indoors.
He chooses, in the garden, to lie in the hot sun, panting and doesn't seem to understand that the water in his bowl outside is the same water I bring in with him later. Idiot.
And we have many windows. So first thing in the morning, we go round opening them all, tying the dog up and generally letting coolness into the house. then when we go out it all has to be done in reverse. And when we come home again it all has to done again. and guess what, last one to bed has to reverse it all again.
Some of the windows are quite awkward to get at and involve climbing on chairs (as I am short and, er...tubby shall we say. Especially after eating too much on holiday and I don't understand how I can be so , obviously, much fatter without having gained any weight) or stepping in boxes of waste paper (why Barney has to keep his office recycling box under the window I don't understand) . So it's quite time consuming. In fact I think I may have spent more than an hour today just opening and shutting doors and windows.
And the dog is sad because he thinks I have put him out in the hot sun with no water.
And there is a drunken moth in my wine.
I shall go and shut a lot of windows now.

Random photos of Scotland added just to make the post look pretty :)

9 comments:

At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You gotta love dogs, even though they tend to be - well - idiots.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Sounds like the many windows in our home...open 'em to let in the breeze, rain comes, run around closing them, rain stops, open, rain starts...

The dog is trying to send you on a guilt trip, haha

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Opening windows and closing them (not to mention moths in wine) are all part of the ongoing rhythm of life. Random scottish photos were beautiful by the way as were the holiday pics further down...sounds like you had a ball. Except I was sad to hear about the coffee...not that I can drink coffee now but it saddens me to hear of anyone else deprived...

xx

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

You're all quite right :)

Have to love the idiot, (currently scratching his ear and looking like a hairy gargoyle) however much he tries to make me feel guilty. and he does try.
Rain!!! right now, if we had some I think I'd go and dance in it leaving all the windows open:)

It was ok OG, I could live without coffee in exchange for the mountains and the water and the woods. Just a little change of rhythm.

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger concerned citizen said...

Mig, you are so awesome(I have to come up with a better word then awesome, I sound like a teenager) you make me really miss my older sister.
I love dogs.
I never had a moth in my wine, but, those damn fruit flys.

The pictures are lovely.How about a picture of the dog?

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I am? Ooh, I like that.
The dog will feature soon...would you prefer the gargoyle or the disney eyed 'I am so badly treated but I'm a sweet devoted little creature' version?

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

love the first "random" picture

great colours in the sky and reflections in the water

(not a dog person, so don't quite get those bits!)

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Mel said...

The whole post had me smiling cuz we had a puppy who was the most manipulative dog on the planet, I swear.

Yes to photos....LOL.....both personalities.
And I'll ooohhh and ahhhh all of them.....and perhaps steal a few of Scotland to place on my desktop.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

And little boats, I, don't forget them :)

There will be pics Mel....just a matter of time. Ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home