Monday, June 12, 2006

Hot and hectic

We fed the girls and HF barbequed stuff and then I gave good advice to HF while the girls were out clubbing. And he told me a lot about his job. Then I fetched said girls and we all slept in the sultry night. It was very sultry.
Today youngest was less than helpful and caused Barney to speak sharply to her on the phone about not doing things she had promised and also not phoning to tell people about it. Naturally she took umbrage (and pointed out that her life is much too complex and difficult to leave time for little things like phone calls and anyway it was too late to phone when she finished work) and there will undoubtedly be repercussions. the washing line was fixed...replaced actually. the hot got hotter and Fran made some wonderful bread.

Wild Irises. I've mentioned before that Rupert Bear was a formative influence on me. There was a whole Rupert bear story about wild irises.
Can anyone doubt the wickedness of this cat? She is currently stalking beetles.* Looking as though butter wouldn't melt in her little pink mouth. Nor beetles either I suppose.

It's no good. I can't think of anything intelligent to say. I think my brain cell has been fried. I shall water it and take it to bed.

*That's midnight beetles not sunny afternoon rolling in the dust beetles

3 comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger frangelita said...

*and he told me a lot about his job*

He does that, doesn't he? I should point out the clubbing we were doing involved night clubs and dancing rather than seals.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Kata said...

Cute beetle killing kitty. One of the Curs tried stalking a scorpian the other nite and nearly ended up regretting it..good job their mom is so attentive..!

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Mangey, once the two cats brought in a live stoat, chased it into the loo and then told me to come and deal with it. I've no idea how they managed to catch it without being seriously damaged but it made a good attempt at killing the broom handle (uttering screams of rage and defiance all the time) before I persuaded it to leave. I'm glad we don't have scorpions.

Fran, I wouldn't have given lifts to seal clubbers so it's just as well you were only dancing :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home