Sunday, June 04, 2006

Today I am a reasonably chirpy bunny

Notwithstanding a weekend of alternate stress and delight with the gorgeous babe and also notwithstanding my last day at work on Friday.

Earlier today, they were cutting the hay (?) in the field next door...er, next hedge then...and, I imagine, also causing terror and injury to innumerable small wild things who hadn't expected their habitat to suddenly go from 2 feet to 6 inches high. (the fuss we make about global warming, hey, these tiny creatures have their universe turned from lush forest-high grass into a naked stubbly desert twice a year).

So, naturally the scavengers were out in force. and these included not one or a pair, but six red tailed kites. I shot them (camera shot for anyone who's new here)...all over the sky and backwards and forwards across the field.
Then there were the neighbour's poppies in the sun
and later an ethereal sky
and later still, quite new foals next door to Barney's barn.



And the sun shone and I got nearly all the washing (including youngest's as she has no washing machine at present) in, out, hung up in the sun to dry and back in again just as the first few spots of drizzle threatened.

8 comments:

At 1:07 AM, Blogger Mel said...

I could feel myself smiling at the foal's stumblings.
Great photos, btw!

I hope the bunnies escaped the redtailed kite, poor bunnies...

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger Kata said...

Horse babies in green pastures? Redtailed Kites looking for tractor scraps? Gorgeous cloudfilled skies? We are so trading houses now Mig...just say when!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger frangelita said...

Those foals are so lovely. Did you get close enough to stroke?

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mig, I can't see the photos - why is this, why, why, why? I want to see ethereal skies, poppies, kites and everything!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

I had a flash of My Friend Flicka when I saw the last couple of photos!

gorgeous poppies and sky

also wish I could trade abodes too, but also enjoy liking the view from here with photos like yours

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Mel I think Kites are purely scavengers (dead meat only) so the bunnies were safe from them.
Mangey, as long as you promise me bobtailed cats and coyotes, tomorrow!!
Fran, too busy taking pics...I wonder sometimes if I miss stuff because I'm so ficussed on photographing. But then I notice so much more than I used to just looking.
Thursday I'm sorry,can't help. Maybe they'll appear tomorrow?
Ooh, my freind Flicka...one of the best books ever written. And wasn't Flicka's baby chestnut to start with? And aren't the mares beautiful? just as I drove off I saw the last two galloping across the field with their tails up like flags. (I think that foal is a cheeky little pest. Very full of himself)

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed, today I see them - and jolly good they are too!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

I wish I was there. I love the babies with their gangly legs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home