Sunday, May 21, 2006

Procrastinating the days away

Funny how a job that needs to be done can become an excuse not to do something else.
Like, I need to update my blogroll, can't till I've worked out what other changes I want, Oh, there's some obscure reference I wanted to check before changing that, Oops, I haven't visited that blog for a long time......ending up with, well I can't go there till I've updated my blogroll. Dead neat. Now I can't do any of it.

Well I finally broke the circle, updated the blog roll (sorry if there are still people missing, I'll get round to it :) and made miniscule changes. Such a fuss over so little!

The two new links to Barney Bardsley are not to the same person. Barney and his two siblings were all three being called Barney at one time, causing a good deal of confusion both to their Mum and their friends. My Barney's name just got mangled out of Bardsley, his younger brother presumably got landed with it when he followed in big brother's educational footsteps and younger sister hijacked it for her own professional purposes.
Anyway I said I'd link the thatching site and there it is just underneath SiL's Tai Chi website. If you live in the Leeds area and want to learn Tai Chi or Yoga or any of the other disciplines mentioned on her site, she's a brilliant teacher. Also a brilliant writer.
And if you live in Berkshire or the surounding countryside and want a thatcher, obviously, you need Barney :)*
And here are Adam and Barney working harmoniously together on the magnificent structure shown in the finished state here.

Today, it's pouring with rain. The window shows a green wet world running down the panes. Very nice from in here. However, I need milk! I could also do with a few other bits and some fresh veg for dinner but only the milk is essential! I could get the milk from the garage about 2 miles away. Or I could go into Newbury and get all the bits and pieces..about 6 miles. Which would save me time tomorrow.
Hmm.

*My Barney, that is.

Update: in case anyone's even remotely interested, I went the whole hog and shopped so we had fresh (ish) veg with the Sunday roast.
And then inspired by successful blog changing, started the mammoth task of backing up a million photos to CD. Which is fun because then I get to choose a picture to print on the CD. Lots of CDs. 6 so far and way to go.

6 comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Stay in and drink wine instead. Its stopped raining here which is a shame as I adore rain. Send it my way!
Procrastination is good for the soul. And its amazing how many things you thought you HAD to do or the world would collapse didnt need doing after all.

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Okay. I admit I peeked. It's a lovely garden!
And I say send someone ELSE for the milk!

;-)

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Well I did have some wine Faery. And my soul is feeling slightly better :)

It is going to be a wonderful garden Mel. I just hope Adam and Jude don't get bored with blogging before it burgeons! (I'm not sure it's fair to nag one's children for not blogging regularly :)

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh, and sending rain your way Faery. hope you enjoy it.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

hey mig! thanks for the link!

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

It's a pleasure I, and thanks for the personalised post :) which I must say is one of the nicest ideas I've come across yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home