Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Raindrops

Today I collected some.
The trick is to get close enough without knocking the raindrop off the leaf.
Since I am clumsy, this means being out in the rain so that more raindrops become available as my success rate is about 1 in 10.
Change of clothes also required, as it's also necessary to wait till the wind stops waving the leaves about and until new drops have formed. Well I never thought it was easy to get those amazing shots you see every so often, I just didn't realise it involves so much hanging around and starting again. You live and learn.
The timing is almost as complex as a sunday roast.

This one was trembling


and this one looked positively pregnant


and there was this one too.

9 comments:

At 5:40 AM, Blogger Kata said...

Ooolala!! ;)

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

bloody brilliant, mig

if you'll excuse my language

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love pictures of wet. :)

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger concerned citizen said...

So awesome! Our climates are simular. I see lots of sparkling raindrops, but haven't tried to capture them. :)

BTW, what is the diff. between saying United Kingdom or Great Briton(sp?) or England? does it all mean the same thing? It's confusing...

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi mig~
Sorry I missed some days here, I'm having tons of problems with my computer!!! But, you have 2 click HERE there are a bunch of messages 4 You, before they roll off into Archives! I'll be back! :)

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

gosh mig, you are becoming more and more and more the photographer every time I come here. Thank you for having the patience to wait for these shots so we can enjoy them!

 
At 1:37 AM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Collecting raindrops does seem like an interesting activity, now that you mention it!

Love thos photographs as well.

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Thank you all gorgeous people! makes up for the wet feet and flat hair :) Or do I mean flat feet and wet.....Oh well, you know :)

Star, that's so funny, I went and waved back:)

I, it's English isn't it? That's all right with me, as long as I understand you!

Lt, I think UK includes Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland (technically speaking) as well as England, while England includes only itself, being a stuffy country.*

Nothing like a bit of wet Dav. Except maybe a bit more wet.

Well and thank you too for telling me Kyah, I so wish I were a real photographer. Thing is they do all the other stuff, like printing and framing and selling...I just take a lot of pictures :) If it wasn't for the blogithing They'd all be sitting unseen on my computer!

*Only joking.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

(and there was me thinking it was French)

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home