Saturday, May 06, 2006

quick pics

I'm knackered. Got up early to welcome expected arrival of Gorgeous Babe and she was late so I did loads of housework and then she arrived (Barney was out this morning) so I was completely taken over till afternoon...though it was all useful time, she helped me put the washing away and tidy various rooms which kept us both occupied!
Then went to music group, collecting Norman and Dorothy on the way.
Norman is a large gentle young man with aspergers syndrome and Dorothy is an elderly darling. Neither of them is at all stupid, however, they are somewhat conversationally challenged. They witter away at each other for the next fifteen minutes like a parrot talking to a budgie. Their conversation...Oh I wish I could remember more of it.
Dorothy "did you go to the concert the other night it was very good the young man played the clarinet or was it an oboe I forget which and he was called something like you know the man who's on the TV series on Friday nights do you watch it....
Norman, "did you have cakes?...
Dorothy "no but we had very nice little snacks and peanuts and things...
Norman "like charlie Brown. I watched a DVD in my flat last night with Charlie Brown. it was very good, then I had a beer and I lost my guinea pig....
Dorothy " Oh yes, there's a bird in that cartoon isn't there. they had an eagle owl in the shopping centre on wednesday or was it thursday I forget oh it must have been thursday because that's when the bus goes past the end of the road....
Norman "where do you wait for the bus? just up the road do you that's where I get my bus to work....
Dorothy "they're very good the buses from here to Newbury the owl was called agnes I think and it was quite happy to be awake during the day....
Norman" I saw a lot of owls once when my mum and dad and me went to (?) at night and their eyes shone like little candles in the trees they're nocturnal aren't they
Dorothy "yes they eat mice and things don't they only mice go out in the daytime don't they I suppose the owls rest then do you think we could live as long as owls if we slept in the day I suppose we might.....
Norman " I get really tired in the afternoon at work but it's alright because....
Dorothy "I suppose you would if you started early and you had to catch a bus or something you'd have to start even earlier then wouldn't you if it was an early bus I mean....
Norman "the squirrels are nice........
I arrived at the music group in need of a short period of solitude in order to quell hysteria and stop my mind flapping wildly after the assorted threads of their conversation.
So then we played for a couple of hours and Norman and Dororthy enlivened the proceedings with assorted non sequiters and by asking every question again just after it's been answered like a pair of echoes.....
Then I piled them and their fiddles and bags and (in Henry's case, extremely long legs) back in the car to drive them back.
It's one of my weekly doses of insanity.

Er...Oh yes. Then I got back to relieve an exhausted Grandad and to discuss what people wear under their shirts and trousers with gorgeous babe, feed her, bed her and read story. By this time my voice is a croak and my brain is a sponge. or a mushroom, I forget which and anyway the bus carries owls to newbury on thursdays doesn't it especially when the TV presenter eats cake and plays the clarinet or was it....oops. Shut up woman, you're getting hysterical again!

Aah. Waiting for Blogger. That Harold Pinter was well before his time eh?
Well I've got to be up with the birds and the babe tomorrow so probably no pictures, post or comments tonight.

Somewhat later, blogger relented.
More wild and windy stuff at the Prestolee aquaduct on the abandoned Bolton and Blackburn (?) Bury (?) canal.



5 comments:

At 4:49 AM, Blogger concerned citizen said...

I have 2 grandkids coming tomorrow. Ages 7 and 4. I think we might go fly kites on the beach.

 
At 2:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how you kept from dying of laughter on your car ride! I would have certainly.

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger Kata said...

Hmm..I think I'd better plan a bus trip to Newbury on Thursdays then..great photo ops I'm sure! Nice to see the gray sky in your photos doll...it's only going to be blue and hot til August here now..yikes.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger starbender said...

hahaa, mig, u entertain me. What a car ride that was!
:)

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Hope you had a great time Lt. We took GB to the park on sunday.

Have to say I do look forward to my weekly trips with that pair:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home