Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A dark smelly secret to share.

I love Eau de Cologne. Not just because of the old fashioned turquoise and gold but also the scent. It takes me back to my aged Aunties and childhood shopping and doing dreadful things with Mum's perfume when her back was turned. (and, Like Youngest with the hair dye and the bleach, trying to undo my wickedness with something even stronger than the original sin). I don't think my teddy ever forgave me. She still stinks of assorted perfumes.

And what's more I loathe things that smell of cucumber and melons. Not to mention strawberries and grapefruit. If I wanted to smell like a fruit salad....er, well I don't.

I'm chronologically challenged at the moment. So here's a pic from Lancaster at night

And a couple more from the reed beds. Which don't seem to have a lot of reed in them at the moment. But I do like the wiggly fence.


Anyway, I daren't go visiting other blogs tonight as I have to take the dog and the cat to the vet for upgrades...nonono boosters...in the morning. Early. And I can't visit without at least thinking for a long time about comments even tho I often leave with comment undone!
But I'll think of you all :)
Goodnight.

9 comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger frangelita said...

I quite like smelling of a fruit salad. But not of cucumber.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I'm sure you smell lovely in spite of the fruit salad :)

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

I used to like a perfumey thingy eau-de-colgney toilette watery thingy that smelt of lemons

I haven't though of that for years!

love the photos, especially the wiggly fence bit and the (willow or larch?) tree branches in front of the lake watery thingy

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

4711 it is. It might be the lemoney thingie, but it definitely doesn't smell of fruit salad :)
Oh and I'm glad you're still vaguely about Sherbert :)
I think the tree branches are Alder, I, but I wouldn't swear to it.

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger concerned citizen said...

I've always thot the fruit smell perfume thing was strange. I mean shampoos, perfums, even dish soap. Apparently, it's very popular to smell like fruit.
I miss the original herbal essence shampoo smell. not all the flowery fruity smells they have now.

I know what you mean by not going visiting blogging. It's very hard to not comment sometimes.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Maybe people want to be eaten! Maybe it's all to do with childhood associations. Remember there was a whole generation of adults who got all misty eyed if they smelt Johnsons baby lotion! (included me :)

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

yes I think that was it (actually I can't remember, maybe that number was something else?)

and strangely, I had a thought today that it might have been larch or alder, and why did I think willow. . .

so yes, I'd go with alder, although larch is still lurking in the background

and on the subject of visiting blogging - may I add to the debate?! I love commenting (but only visit a very few blogs, so don't have a huge problem on that front)(and hope my comments don't cause problems when/where I leave them)

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Hi Mig, I hate the smell of melons, cucumbers and such in fragrance too. I love to eat those things but I sure as heck don't want to smell like them!!

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

No problems here, I. You're always wlcome. Visit/comment whenever you like :)

Kyah, I suppose there must be people who like smelling like fruit (as well as Frangelita)or there wouldn't be so much of it around. I used to quite like to smell of roses and I expect there are people who didn't like that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home