Friday, May 19, 2006

Off! off! off!

Today. I took it. From everything (except my fiddle lesson which counts as fun and company).
Last night I didn't take my phone up to bed to alarm me, I didn't get up when it didn't ring and when I got up (whenever it was) I didn't look at the time or get showered and dressed until after a leisurely coffee and reading most of a book (Sunshine by Robin McKinley. I recommend if you like vampires). (I did feed the cats though).
Then I didn't even look at the computer or the letter box or the washing up or the dirty clothes for another hour or two. Or the possible dinner stuff. I didn't go to work, I didn't feel guilty about not doing anything and I didn't really finish getting up until after I'd finished the book and had lunch.
Then I quickly and efficiently (if you knew me you'd laugh here) sorted out a bit of washing and a bit of tidying and my fiddle...oh and a shopping list...and went and had a very nice and difficult fiddle lesson. And bought dinner and a nice bottle of wine (Aussie Shiraz, Chateau Reynella). Now I'm cooking and drinking and wondering whether to go on taking the day off tonight or whether to take advantage of feeling hugely better and more relaxed and practise my fiddle and back up my photos. Or read another book.
I feel a bit like this.



As for this, can I take it home now in the back of the car? OK, I'll take it.

Oh if only...

7 comments:

At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day to me.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Kata said...

How utterly fab! Love the photos per usual my pretty...Aussie Shiraz! My favorite vino!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger frangelita said...

I had yesterday off too. Didn't do quite the same sort of things though but I did buy some new trousers for the gym. And a hoover. Not for the gym.

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Dav and Mangey, it was heavenly. shame I had to get back on things today :)

So you did get the hoover then Frangelita :)

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Oh how I need one of those.....

.........the day 'off' AND the lovely piece of land.

Okay, I guess that should have read "Oh how I need one of each!"

*waving* (cuz I seem to like to do that!)

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh yes Sherbert, definitely floaty tea dress country (except for the brambles...and the odd nettle)

Hi Mel, nice of you to drop in:)

I could get hooked on days off. Which may become a good thing.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

beautiful bluebells!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home