Thursday, June 08, 2006

words fail.


Well tonight I was taken out for a farewell dinner with the rest of the crowd from work. Very nice too. We went to our youngest's restaurant and things were helped along by a gift of wine from the chef and the reappearance (at last) of my beloved fiddle, just repaired.
It was all very nice and the evening was warm and the meal was great. Gift from the crowd of monsoon tokens. I came home quite drunk and took a picture of the moon. No howling as I didn't want to wake people up, but a certain amount of drunken clumping up and down the road (clutching a camera on a tripod) hoping to get a better view of said moon which promptly vanished behind the hill. I won't be up early tomorrow.
There was Markus, a frighteningly intelligent, sensible and competant Finnish boy who makes brilliant fiddles and bows (but he's an absolute darling and we've shared many a ciggie on the roof at work and admired the skies together), Anna, a sweet french (?) girl who makes instruments too and does repair work for Boss. ex boss. Who was there too of course and who is the nicest boss I've worked for out of many. Simon (that's Seemon with the french,or in fact belgian pronunciation) who is slightly manic/depressive but is another briliant instrument maker. Barney who behaved well and allowed Simon to confuse him hugely. Er, me.

They were all very sweet. But I'd rather still be working with them.
At least I've got my fiddle back. It's not quite right, I checked as soon as we got home. the crack has been repaired but the sound has changed. Different strings maybe?
I'd better go to bed. Goodnight all.

4 comments:

At 4:21 AM, Blogger Kata said...

Twas worth all the clumping up and down the street with tripod for that photo Mig! Love the imagery..both in the photo and the tale!

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger concerned citizen said...

I've been strolling down your blog looking at all the pictures I've missed. the little colt is so darling & the game 'Molly'? looks interesting. Is it a local homemade idea?

Great pictures as usual. :)

 
At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

G'night Mig, sleep well. Great pic.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

It usually is worth the clumping and general peculiar behviour Mangey, if only because if you don't take the photo right now, this minute, chances are the image will never be seen again. I have images in my head which I missed photographing and they never did come back.

Lt, the Aunt Sally, dolly game (I like Molly though) is almost as old as games! I think it's been played in Oxfordshire fo hundreds of years (I need Barney for this sort of info as he's the numbers and dates man)

Thursday, :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home