Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Maps....the oyster...,Google Earth

I meant to do lots of stuff tonight and started by *quickly* having a look at Google Earth to see if a sensible route could be found from Lancaster to Kingston on Thames.
It could indeed, also routes from Chingford to Kingston and then there was zooming dizzily across the ocean to some quite other Kingston and back and round the world and new placemarks and directions and *tours* !!! Folowing the routes with zoomy bits and swerves around corners and, and , and.
Suffice it to say I've been from here to there via somewhere in america with pauses around chicago and Mount Helens (Ithink I got into the world tour for a bit) in two hour or so. And it's a good thing I don't suffer from virtual airsickness! But what fun.
and I think I know what we have to do when we get to Roehampton Lane. Just swerve the map around in a big circle and zoom back a bit before turning right...or was it left? (as far as map reading goes, I am not a woman. that is to say I can get lost as easily as the next man but I can't cope if people start turning the map round to see which way the road points)
Anyway, no blogging tonight...I've used up all my time travelling! I recommend it! If you like maps anyway.

5 comments:

At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Google Earth.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

oooooh, kingston, roehampton. . .

where are you going and what are you up to and will you be taking your violin with you (or even better a morris man or two?)

do tell!

ps ever tried streetmapUK? (if tha's what it is called)

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

thursday isn't it the best game ever.

well, I, it's all to do with the London to Brighton ride. I will blog it. probably in excessive detail :) But no morris men (except maybe some cycling ones) and no violin, I believe we are expecting temperatures in the 30s on Sunday so it might get cooked. As might we and the cyclists.

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Okay.....I'm going on a Google adventure!

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh have fun Mel.
I, I have done street map and multi map but I have to say, Google earth is a better game (though less detailed in the Uk).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home