Saturday, June 24, 2006

Highlands and Glens and lochs and things....can't wait :)

I've packed. I've decided which back pack I'm going to take. I've printed off pages of maps and useful information (which will not be going near any windows on the journey). I've had the wobbly tyres replaced, balanced and the tracking done. Done a bit of cleaning, tidying and washing. I only have a half dozen things on my list to do in the morning. and another half dozen to do tonight.
Peter's going to look after the wiildlife.
I could possibly be almost ready to go?
Well we'll see in the morning.
It's very tempting to just have a quick look at everyone's blogs but I won't because that would take till 3 oclock in the morning so I'll just say have a great and wonderful week...I will certainly think of you all :). I've no idea if there will be any chance to post while we're in Scotland, but if there is, I will. Don't anyone dare vanish while I'm away!
xxx

Goodbye to our back door

View out of Adam and Jude's back window tomorrow

Er, well it's just pretty and I like it.

11 comments:

At 2:35 AM, Blogger Kata said...

Have fun Mig! Waiting jealously for your return...

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Safe journeys!

And what's not to enjoy about doors.
No fooling, I took a gazillion photos of doors in England. The Brit thought me a bit mad (mostly cuz I am?).

Enjoy the holiday!

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed, safe journeys Mig and see you when you get back and so do I (back on 8 July).

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time! Take lots of pictures (I know you will) and can't wait to read about it!

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

can't wait until you get back! have a wonderful holiday!

travel safely

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading about you and your's and wish you a wonderful holiday.

Hmm... from what I have read I could make a good guess at your address. I know your house will be empty for the next few days. I wouldn't dream of 'visiting' your home while you are away but ANYONE can read these blogs - and it only takes one potential burglar and it could be a very unhappy return!

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

I hope you have a lovely adventure!!

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Let me say 'hmmmmm....'

I understand the point of the anonymous poster. It's a point well taken.
Noone wants to open their world up with the best of intentions--only to be violated.

I'd certainly be MORE than sad if someone used the information shared here as a vehicle to do harm.

The warning it a good one to heed.

It just doesn't feel 'good' to have a safe and happy place, a place where folks have landed and settled into--a place that's open and inviting and inclusive, be made 'vulnerable' to BEING violated.
Maybe I'm shooting the messenger who has a valid concern?

(((((((Mig)))))))
Safe journey and safe return!
Prayers and positive thoughts, as well.....

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger concerned citizen said...

see you when you return with many picture I'm sure.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Tabby Rabbit said...

Looking forward to seeing the pics! Have fun!!!

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Thank you all. we did have a wonderful time and even the weather was on our side. Even the motorway traffic was somewhere else!!!!
Thanks anon for your thought...I may have forgotten to mention that the dog and house and cats were being 'sat' so we didn't leave the house empty. I should probably have said so as to avoid dog sitter getting a nasty shock!
Yay we're back....pics in due course :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home