Monday, April 10, 2006

In lieu of having anything at all interesting to say

here are a few things I have scribbled on bits of paper and diligently clipped together so I won't forget them.
  • Dog and car renewals (that would be booster innoculations and tax; we are not getting either a new dog or a new car)
  • Groundnut oil, indian bread, dinners (weds, thurs and Fri...guess we'd already had Sat to Tues)
  • Get a Phone!!! (done it!...got one that works in a power cut, it's in its box under my desk)
  • Fry onions w. 5 spice, cook rice as usual
  • Springs, ponds and frogs (I think this must have been intended as a blog post)
  • Int1=call upstairs from down.Int2=call downstairs from up (yes, well I forget things I don't do very often and the excercise is good for me)
  • Big blue frame (No idea)
  • Error 718. The connection was terminated because the remote computer did not respond in a timely way (grrrrrr)
  • Galaxy Audio, core PA 5x140 (one day Barney will have a small amp to take to gigs instead of the current monster but I think this one was the wrong kind)
  • Change the damn link heading (yeah yeah, one day)
  • Barney, has the dog been out today? (bit late for that now!)
  • A4=21 x 29.7 (another thing I forget)

There are also; a comprehensive set of instructions (including pictures of icons) telling Barney how to look up things on Ebay, a similar set of instructions for checking email and another for the washing machine and the dishwasher, various passwords and usernames (but no indication of which site they might be for), lots of error messages from the last time my email broke and, scattered throughout, word verifications and nameless phone numbers and other numbers that look like dimensions of things and are probably sizes of spaces where furniture should go.

Not to mention dozens of email addresses and web URLs, the names of books, music and other things I forgot to put on my christmas/birthday lists, mysterious instructions in code? shorthand? Latvian? (No matter. I can't read them any more), serial numbers for things I may or may not still have.
On the shelf, is a box with some more very important pieces of paper with very important information on them. I wonder what it is? Oh I know, some of it is usernames and stuff for email accounts we no longer have and some of it is for current ones. I wonder which way round they are. I wonder if I've put the same stuff for the B&B website there or in another heap.

Spring is here (I think?) and the blossom is rioting but the trees aren't dressed for it yet. This is a rather elegant pair in black and white winter garb.
And this is also black and white with a tantalising dash of colour.
That's it! I'm done. Can't think of another coherant thing to say.
Good night.

8 comments:

At 12:29 AM, Blogger the Beep said...

Hi Mig - nie to be abe to see your lovely pciccies again ...but don't ever quote anything other than "two ten by two nine seven".
No one will get 21 x 29.7.

That's, as they say, adopting metrication by the inch. Kinda

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

But isn't that truck driver's language? Or Latvian or something?

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Kata said...

What area of England are you in my pretty? We're finally getting some green on the trees here (southern Arizona)...miss blossoms and stuff..*sigh*

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Um Sherbert, should I be worried do you think?
We live in Berkshire MC...and today the hedges were finally looking a bit green. Only due to car maintenance and needing lifts everywhere, I couldn't take pics!
Typical.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger frangelita said...

It's all very well writing everything down, but if youu don't know why you've written it, it's about as much use as a slap in the face with a wet fish.

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I write things down, and still manage not 2 do them! I'm just no good at it! Maybe if I velcro'd it 2 my forehead! Luv the trees!
;]

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Kipper, Frangelita! Slap in the face with. Very useful sometimes as a wakeup call. Like discovering a piece of paper which suddenly makes sense and means you should have paid it ages ago.
I'm probably OK then Sherbert, since the person I live with also has am office festooned with scraps of gibberish.
Starbender, If I velcroed things to my forehead, I'd probably do them back to front :)

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

This had occurred to me Sherbert. One day I may reform. For one day at least!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home