Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Nutmeg has a little sit down

To consider my next move.
We wondered if we could do anything useful with dead mice (he does a good line in slightly flat ones which he collects from the cats and tucks under his blanket)...if I were a magician for instance, I could drop some into the working parts of the flute player's amp while pretending to give him cash. then he wouldn't have his high volume backing tracks with which to play 'simple versions of very well known but quite unrecognisable tunes for young flautists'.
Better still I could ram it down his flute...or up, whichever.
And a sudden shower of dead mice might temporarily deter the south american group with the pan pipes and the many tunes that all sound exactly like 'flight of the Condor'.
Then there are those people who wait for the bus under our window...the ones who bellow at their shrieking children to be quiet. Or else. And the ones who tell the whole world that if the offending child doesn't stop whatever it's doing, they'll do whatever it is they think will impress the child without bringing the wrath of passing social workers and police down on them. An occasional dead mouse descending might at least temporarily silence them. No probably not.

You know one of the things that really pisses me off about being older than I was is the quality of the words I suddenly can't remember. I used to have marvellous words like 'cognitive', 'mittimus' or 'thrawn' temporarily mislaid on the tip of my tongue...now I'm struggling for the word that means one of those people who plays music in the street. If I haven't found it by tomorrow perhaps somebody would kindly let me know what it is. Oh I've got it...buskers!
I did that once or twice. It's scary. But I didn't afflict passsers by with amplification! just an anguished scowl of concentration and a fiddle.
The other thing I did which you wouldn't catch me doing now was market research. But it was fun doing house to house on loo rolls! I had samples to give away too. oh yes and I did one of the earliest versions of smoothie type drinks. Have to say I thought they were vile but people were quite happy to try them. Pre-buttered marmite never took off did it. my children thought that was pretty vile too!

2 comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger frangelita said...

I don't remember this pre-buttered marmite! It actually sounds quite nice...

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

You all hated it..it was sort og grainy and not marmity enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home