Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Hair attack

It's getting beyond bearing...I HAVE TO GET RID OF IT. the hell with winter and the chill round the neck, tomorrow I'm getting my hair cut. I will become a new and tidy and un-itchy person. Also for a while, that elusive strand won't be able to reach my eyes when I'm driving. (making it necessary to hitch up the glasses with one finger so I can see two or three of where I'm supposed to be steering and several more of what I should be avoiding)
The girl who cut my hair last time must have an amazing memory...it must have been nearly a year ago she last saw me. And she didn't let her face fall a bit. To be honest it didn't rise much either. And she's very good about the bits I've trimmed off my fringe so I could see out of it.
I'm ignoring the awful moment when she combs my wet hair back and we both look at my unconcealed, unframed, umm, face in the mirror and think our seperate but probably very similar thoughts.
Also the bit when I spread my face out sideways hugely and several times and nod and utter blah blah lovely blah thankyou blah noises while thinking perhaps I can sort that out when I get home or maybe it'll grow out and is the left hand side a bit shorter than the right or a lot.
I do wish I could just say yup that'll do nicely till I get home ta very much dear. Truth is so much shorter than fiction.

2 comments:

At 6:12 AM, Blogger Tabby Rabbit said...

So how is the haircut? And did the cold develop (I think I have one coming on now)? Post-hairdressers I usually end up in tears on someone's doorstep (last time I had my hair cut I looked like one of the Gallagher brothers - whichever one is the least attractive).

>>>unconcealed, unframed, umm, face in the mirror >>> I hate that bit too - it's so stark. I wish they'd dim the lights at that point. Or give me a blindfold.

Have been cutting my fringe in the office toilets with desk scissors - might go and risk some over-priced West London salon this weekend...

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Cold obediently went away thankyou.
Ah, the conveniences of offices :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home