Thursday, November 10, 2005

Lancaster

If you're in Lancaster and you want a good curry, try the Sultan of Lancaster.
I've been left trustingly alone with Adam's laptop after being shown how RSS works (Ithink) and having had a large but VERY fast tutorial on my sister's mini mac. This is so I can take it to her tomorrow and show her how it works. I now want a mini mac and a laptop of my very own. (As well as a camera like Fred's).
I've also been left with a glass of wine, a sofa bed, a sheet and a blanket. And a pillow. This is palatial compared to previous visits.
And I've been shown the new toaster. It really is pretty clever.
I only took four hours to pack this morning and I only overslept by an hour and a half so it's pretty impressive that I only left about two hours late. (I don't know myself how that maths works out so don't ask). Shame the lateness landed me in the middle of Manchester rush hour on the M6. Ineterestingly sandwiched between two mobile homes for 3 junctions. There's something quite surreal about driving along behind a sort of large wendy house complete with curtains and seeing another in your rear view mirror.
Oh and the oversleeping has completely cured all traces of the cold that I wasn't going to have so I casn now explain that I discovered, about 3 non-happening colds ago that if I insist firmly and frequently and loudly (and puzzlingly) enough to lots of people that I don't have one and won't have one...I don't have one! But I'm a bit superstitious that if people know what's supposed to happen, it might not. And I wasn't sure it would work on the internet either. But it did!
I think I'd better climb over all this furniture and get myself into the relefvant bit. Tomorrow my brain needs to get me to Wilmslow and I have to be clever and persuasive. (my sister is 80 and has never shown the slightest interest in computers...just a sort of politely guarded horror...if it wasn't for the novels I wouldn't have considered this for a moment). Could be tricky.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home