Monday, November 14, 2005

3 days on the road

Well, bits of three days anyway.
For a while I was accompanied along a bit of the M6 by a lady with a blue face...on the back of a Pataks lorry. I looked on their website to see if I could show her to you but she wasn't on the site. Shame.
This is morecambe bay, photographed from the service station just south of Lancaster. Well actually it's two trees with Morecambe Bay several miles away in the distance.
The whole day was very wet and windy and later I spent a good deal of time admiring cloudy skies and missing junctions and turnings in (and between) the motorway snakes nest around Manchester. At one point, somewhere near Oswaldstwistle I tried to take pictures in what seemed to be a very forceful gale.

These were taken in between gusts...it's all very well for trees, they can sway. If I sway in a high wind I fall over. (no alcohol required for this trick. Indeed, sometimes I can fall over without even the aid of a gale).
Being obstinate by nature, I ignored the totally unsuitable nature of the day and revisited Healey Dell, just North of Rochdale (where once long a go I went to art college). when I found it, it bagan to rain quite heavily but me and the camera went for it anyway. Healey Dell is a tiny gem of a rocky, wooded gorge with a wonderful bridge and an air of indifference to visitors. On this occasion it was also gloomy and wet. Looked fantastic but I wasn't sure if the trees were raining on me or if the rain was just pouring through them. Pics regardless.

These trees look as though there ought to be some kind of star-crossed lovers legend about them but I don't know of any such.

Well you can see that the water was doing a lot of rushing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home