Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Speaking of frogs

There is a S bend just down the road where I have once or twice stopped to watch very small frogs crossing in rainstorms. They were so small you'd think they were splashing rain except they splashed horizontally instead of vertically and their splashy leaps gradually carried them across the road in 6 inch bounds. I wish we could have a sign saying frogs crossing (I've seen one somewhere), it's such a huge journey. I dread to think how many of them probably don't make it.
I think this must be a general crossing area. I have seen weasels and stoats several times and once a family of weasels, really unbelievably tiny...like scruffy, animated, furry pencils. They stopped to have a fight mid crossing.
Another time (returning home from taking concussed son to surgery late at night) I saw three fox cubs playing as they crossed..All blithe pointy nosed ferocity and slender flowing tails.

1 comments:

At 3:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so good that you live in an area where you can watch the wildlife. I grew up in an area like that but now live in the city. I occasionally watch squirels playing in the street here, though. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home