Tuesday, November 22, 2005

three days foggy

I seem to have covered a lot of motorway the last few days.
Saw nieces dancing (impressive show) and Adam and Jude's new house (delightful and cosy) and the Trafford Centre in Manchester lit by the sunset and looking like some fabled eastern palace (temple to commerce and football!) and a marvellous bridge sweeping apparently into the sky...homage to the Manchester ship canal which passed underneath it. A strange, white, immensely tall church steeple at the top of a hill on the M56. This made me think of whited sepulchres.
Today I came home via an assortment of motorways and A roads, avoiding accidents and traffic jams and through endless fog. One accident happened behind me by maybe five minutes after I turned off into a service station. Later I thought goodness, if I'd been that many minutes later setting off!! At the time I just though how lucky to be ahead of it and not behind it! Sitting in a nearly deserted motorway caff, I saw a heron flap slowly past the window. Everything else fog obscured. Surreal.
Well it's very nice to be home, though I was quite reluctant to leave Adam and Jude so soon. they've got lots of stuff from ikea to put together though so they'll be busy for a few minutes! We came back from ikea very very slowly and cautiously, expecting the car to groan under the weight of all our combined shopping. I still don't understand how such nice pleasant peaceful stuff can come out of such an appalling environment.
Anyway, here’s the view from new house top floor at night…unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures the first night when there was no fog.
Now it seems my internet connection’s gone AWOL again. It says it's there but then it says it can't find things.
Useless machine. Ridiculous to think it’s sulking because I left it alone a couple of days!

3 comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger frangelita said...

I sulk when I have been abandoned for a few days. And I know Dad does. He always calls me when you're away, I think he's lonely.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger starbender said...

The view must be beautiful during the day! Looks like you can see the whole city. Love the pics of the moon!
:)

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Frnagelita: Yes but you and Dad still function when I come back!...or when Andy comes back.
Starbender: Your latest lot of pics are gorgeous too...haven't had time to comment but will be back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home