Monday, August 18, 2008

Bridegrooms to be - read no further!

In case you see something you shouldn't!

Lalalalalalalala -lala -lala.
Rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb

(All bridegrooms gone? Good)

Things are definitely getting organised for the Frangelita's wedding :)
We had a long phone call today about 'my responsibilities'. It's not happening all that soon but soon enough that it's a good idea for me to get those responsibilities firmly in my head. Fortunately Fran knows how forgetful I am :) I anticipate several more such phone calls over the next few weeks!

Nonetheless, Ooh!
Book travelodge for close family - done
Make necklace for bride - done but in the wrong colour, she wants gold and I only have silver wire. Well it might be ok or I might have to obtain fine gold wire somewhere!
Get Dad to Fran's place in time to accompany her - no problem, he'll be there :)
Speak to Bridegroom's Mum - she's a bit shy and will need to have support from the Bride's Mum :)
Book taxis from travelodge to wedding and back - well no one will want to be toasting the happy couple with fizzy water and Ribena will they :)
Make sure we remember to order pizza for the band - as members of a band ourselves we know they won't be very happy if they don't get fed!
Print orders of service - I hope and believe Fran will send me something I can just press a button and get a result with
Collect glasses the morning after,wash and return to their various owners - I am so noble! And before 10 am too!
Think hard about breakfast the morning after - we won't want a travelodge breakfast in our rooms so it'll be a question of finding a nice place where we can all breakfast together. This could be challenging especially in view of the glasses collection thing
Turn up at the church the night before to have a practice! Goodness!
Oh! Turn up at the church! On the day! On time!!!! Yes :)
And Fran tells me my main duty is to beam a lot. I expect I can manage that :) Fortunately I am not the official photographer! This would be altogether too much of a responsibility. However, it's possible I may take a pic or two :)



Bother! I can see that gold would look better. Shall have to investigate!

Labels: , , , , ,

4 comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Omg.....k......gold.
Still pretty, pretty, pretty!

Gee.
I wonder what you'd do if you ever found the time to be bored....LOL

(((((((( Mig )))))))))

Omgosh....she's getting married!
Ack.
MARRIED.

*shuddering*
You're a braver woman than I....
I'da been stuffing the girl in the closet, locking the door and telling her AIN'T HAPPENIN'! LOL

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I get bored so quickly I never dare leave time to find out what else I might do Mel :) But I always seem to have enough to do somehow :)

You can't keep them down can you. One minute they're leaving home (and going to India :)! and the next they're getting married. I dread to think what comes after that!

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

am so loving your tag cloud

:-D

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I saw one somewhere I and thought I'd try again - last time I tried to have one it wouldn't work properly :)
Must have got more competent since then!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home