Friday, August 15, 2008

Blue skies and Butterflies

My word I've had a busy few days - I think.
Blowed if I can remember all the stuff that's been going on.
Last night there was a Newbury Flickr group had a meeting with a young man who runs a photo page in the shiny bit of the local rag. He wanted to include some of our pics which was fine :) Better still, only two of us actually brought any pics to show him and guess who was one of those.
So could be I might be about to have a first published picture! (But not for two months so we won't hold our breath :)
And then today, not only did I get the car window fixed (one leak down, three to go*) but I went to a music morning and played my fiddle to my little heart's content for a couple of hours and then somehow found myself wandering around the woods nearby. And I found little blue butterflies. Now there aren't so very many blue butterflies left in England (I still remember how it seemed like an unusual and awful thing when the Chalk Blue butterflies were reported to be rapidly becoming extinct and that was a very long time ago. Really, before it became a regular item of news that yet another species is endangered and I always get very excited when I see a little blue butterfly.
Today, I saw dozens, all flitting about among the heather and gorse.
What's more, my fiddle teacher had time for a lesson even after the music morning so I got to play some more music (but very badly - I was getting a bit dozy by then. Never mind trying to count up to four, I could hardly count up to one!)
Anyway, what with butterflies and woods and music I've had a very full day and now I'm waiting to see if I have any photos of little blue butterflies or just lots and lots of little blue blurs. :) It's going to take a long time - you don't want to know how many pictures I took today!

They came out! Oh look they've got blue fur! And the dearest little slanting eyes!






!

:)
Got to go to sleep now :) 'Night :)

*Only two actual leaks but three bits of watery machinery rapidly approaching their final glug.

5 comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Betty F said...

Oh Mig! These are beautiful!!!

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Ohmygosh.....

Serendipity--it's a day for butterflies, dearone.

:-)

Absolutely beautifully gorgeous!

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I feel so lucky to have seen them Betty :) It was like being a child again :)

Serendipity indeed Mel :) And yes it is a day for butterflies and bluebirds and singing - just seen your card and mine arrived today too. So happy to have good news :)

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

serendipity indeed

I saw mel's black and white butterflies when I was catching up just now - and commented that the apartment I stayed in had EXACTLY the same photo on the wall as one of hers. . .

. . .and now I find your photos of butterflies on pinky-purple heather

and have to tell you that I have some pinky-purple heather stuck in my scrapbook of the holiday (the pine forest were full of it!) and when I went kayaking thru part of said forest. . .

. . .I saw little blue butterflies on the banks (and incredible sparkly aqua-turquoise-black dragonflies)

serendipity, indeed

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Ohhh! I must come and read about it :)
It's a time for dancing butterflies now you're back :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home