Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bits and scraps day

I opened Abobe photoshop today and was confronted by the information that the author is mig, the colour yellow and the size medium.
then I realised that we were talking about a medium sized, yellow note what I had wrote on this pic. Not a yellow medium sized me! Phew!No it hasn't been snowing. I did something completely accidental in photoshop and the result was so unexpected that I wrote a note on the picture! It really does look like snow doesn't it! and a typical English sprinkling of it at that :)


The entrance of the rather beautiful siberian to the pub the other day caused a sudden melee of fur and tails and noses. It was obviously all very exciting! Even the basset hound sat up and opened his eyes. And Snipe, a well known, but not much loved, regular, let loose a volley of silent but deadly, scent bombs. Oddly enough, this cleared the bar of most of its human visitors.

There's been a bit of interest among some Newbury photographers in an old industrial tower which dominates parts of the skyline. I was tempted to add a few photos of it (it's not at all beautiful but can look very impressive). but I got a bit sidetracked by some sunset and a couple of windows
And a jackdaw (?) going home to his penthouse flat.
(actually it's not really a penthouse, being only halfway up the building but you get the general idea, town centre luxury with a nice oval door - latest design I've no doubt)

I hope you've had a very very nice thursday :) I've got to go and practice for a somewhat imminent Saturday :)

3 comments:

At 4:13 AM, Blogger Sorrow said...

Still chortling over the dogs, good thing there weren't any leashes to muck up the event. I tell friends I have to have dogs to blame the smell and mess on...~smile~
Love the sunset in the windows, looks like an album cover...

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Mel said...

k.......here I was ALL excited about getting snow!
(mostly cuz I wanna believe if YOU'RE getting it, I'M NOT! LOL)
It really does look like a dusting of snow!
How'd ya DO that?!

And the warehouse photos are actually kinda cool!
(though I'm fond of the puppies--cuz I sorta kinda want one to eat leftovers LOL and that's so I won't have to.....)

Man.
I AM a tad self absorbed, huh? LOL

((((((((( Mig ))))))))))))

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Well I've been making do with pics from you Mel. (and very wonderful ones too) I expect we'll get our snow in May or June as seems to be the usual these days!
Sadly for us, leftovers disagree with Nutmeg so we have to eat them! And he doesn't go to the pub often so he even missed out on meeting the Siberian lady :)

Dogs are generally a very good place to send blame aren't they sorrow :) And what with the soulful looks, they usually get forgiven too so it works out nice and fair all round :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home