Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Flood warning

I got this phone call the other day from a homeward returning bear.
"just thought you might like to know the river's really high at Goring - some good photographic opportunities"
And he was right. There was Old Father Thames, behaving a bit skittishly among the trees

And a swan and a seagull making ripples on the bank
and the river making fun of people who might have wanted to sit down
and admire the view

And a tree poised above the water.
So since I'm quite without thoughts at the moment, you have water instead.

And then twice last week, there was a really weird glow in the sky after sunset. Sort of brown on one evening and then sort of purple the next. I caught the purple one :)
I wonder what that was all about.

Somebody broke our headlight the other night while we were playing at Pierrot and Beetlejuice so tomorrow I have to go on a headlight repair expedition!
Better start early. Somehow I feel that there may be ordering of parts and long delays!
Goodnight. I hope the sun shines on you tomorrow.

Labels: , , ,

7 comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Mel said...

*sigh*

*looking out at the 8" of freshly fallen snow*

Oh, it'll thaw soon enough (not soon enough for me...LOL) and we'll have a big mess. Or....photo opportunities!

See--it's all about perspectives. LOL I'll tell the farmers that when they're flooded out of planting fields. I'm sure they'll agree!


And as for that purple haze--I was wondering where the aliens went off to.....now I know! ;-)
(eerie lookin', but way cool!)

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Sorrow said...

The purple haze is lovely, in a creepy way, but the photo of the chair in the water peaks volumes!( no pun intended!)
I really like that one a great deal!
These Photo's speak quiet well ..
good luck on the headlight search...

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I'm sure the farmers would agree that their perspective is different! And all the people whose houses are next to the river!

But I can't help taking advantage :(
Well, I do take advantage whether I could help it or not :)
That's cos I'm bad :)

They do have my sympathy for what it's worth.

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Thank you Sorrow :) Headlight success :)

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

I used to visit Goring quite reguarly

have some lovely photos from the top of some hill near Goring

but I prefer yours of the hellish high water!

xxx

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

(suppose it's Goring-Under-Thames right now!)

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Goring has mostly emerged from underwater and I bet your hill was Streatley Hill. It's very high and steep and has VIEWS from the top :)
I'm so pleased you like my wet stuff :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home