Friday, January 04, 2008

More promises from

The weather site, which still shows today garnished with a little black cloud and two snowflakes! So? so? Where are they then those two snowflakes? I haven't seen them!
Well it's good that Barney doesn't have to drive home in a snowstorm. But I'm not pleased.

My head is a sieve. Whatever I sat down to write has sifted out without trace - I've searched the floor, nothing interesting there. And I can't make Homer Simpson's claim that " there are so many thoughts in my head that whenever I put a new one in it one of the old ones falls out" because I haven't had a new thought yet. Possibly not for several years. It's the copies you see, the stories I've been repeating over the years (so often that now I am that old woman telling the same story for the fiftieth time to all the same people).
So I'm trying to find that thought I thought I had a few minutes ago:-
*Crossly ransacking headbag* I'm sure I had a new one in here somewhere. *turns head upside down and shakes it* Oops, I've dropped my head on the floor *getting up and shaking self* Oh look I thought I'd done that and I'm sure I did give those back. No, it's not time to do one of those yet is it? *going off muttering* better check with Barney. Now where did I last see him....

Last night, feeling like a change, I trawled blogs for what seemed like hours thinking, once long ago I found nice blogs out there didn't I. Well maybe they found me. I don't know but last night, every other blog had boobs* all over it or seemed intent on lecturing me to death about something or other. I made no notes and they wouldn't have even sounded silly! Just v-e-r-y-b-o-r-i-n-g. And then there was one that kept coming up every time I started again which I had already dismissed on the grounds that I didn't like the look of the photo, there were a large number written in incomprehensible, though very beautiful Chinese or Japanese. A further large number in other languages which tantalisingly, almost made sense. Lots of sales blogs.
I rejected a whole lot because they appeared to consist solely of videos, songs or quotes - no doubt very interesting but it's people I'm chasing not art!

There was one with very beautiful photos, very short and amusing descriptions. blow me but it's the only one where I left a comment and I forgot to bookmark it.

Well the snow never came. Instead we got some chilly rain. Barney's cold appears not to be going away at all! 2008 isn't going too well so far, I might complain to the management.
On the other hand, a change of search methods opened up new avenues. Trawling through profiles with violin interests revealed a million or so teenagers who like music (and also myself amusingly enough) and a hasty scramble around Great Britain brought me to a whole load of people I used to visit regularly. (which, out of 380,000 is at least a tiny bit surprising - I've only got as far as 680)
Ah well. Tomorrow is another day. I'd better get moving towards it...towards bed that is.

Goodnight. Sleep well.

*Not that I have anything against boobs on blogs, just, it would be nice to have a 'skip boobs' button incorporated into the 'next blog' button.

Blogger isn't terribly co-operative sometimes in the matter of changing dates. I gave up trying to get this one right and it should have said Jan 3rd.

2 comments:

At 5:13 AM, Blogger Mel said...

*chuckling*

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loses that one thought.
Sometimes I jot a note down only later to discover that I haven't a clue what the note was about. *sigh*

But I'm glad himself arrived home safe and sound.

Two lousey flakes?!
That's IT?
TWO?

That'll teach me to promote that 'if some is good, more is better' theory! LOL

Sleep well, ma'am.
And indulge us with all the black and white photos of clouds and trees you'd like to.
That's a way cool shot!

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

That was more than it Mel. There weren't any at all. I expect we'll get some in May. We usually do these days.
Meanwhile I'll keep an eye out for the black and white clouds and you sleep well too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home