Friday, December 21, 2007

done at last!

What? the Christmas presents, wrapping, labelling, shopping, organising, meal planning..all that?
Oh no. The Christmas Cards of course! All gone. hooray!
And I've bought the goat.
It's a new thing I started last year. You pay online for a useful thing to send somewhere in the world where life is really hard and then you send a card to whoever's present it's replacing.
Only in the end I decided to buy a greenhouse instead and it's replacing bought Christmas cards and presents for family members who we usually buy knicknacks and bottles of wine and smelly stuff and all sorts of things which...well I'm getting bored with them. They must be too :)
It's done. (I must remember to send texts to some of them to tell them to look at their email, they don't often :)
And today, Eldest arrived. lovely Northern Girl can't come this year and they're away over Christmas and New Year so he came today. And I got two whole day's warning. So we went Christmas shopping and struggled with Argos catalogues and came away with not very much. But two or three presents better off than when we started. Now I have to do a bit more wrapping and labelling and then a lot of the same and then I have to do a last minute Christmas Eve panic and then hooray, it'll be the day and I'll have done it all.
Oh and I'd better tidy up a bit.
It's all a bit like this at the momentPrickly bits, pretty bits, tangled bits and sharply urgent bits,bright bits and distant hazy bits.
But I'm sure it'll all be good on the day :)
Hope you're all having a good time getting ready.
Have a lovely weekend anyway anticipating the fun and frolics and hopefully some peaceful bits too :)

2 comments:

At 4:40 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Awwwwwwwwww......last minute visits from kiddos are GREAT.
I mean, it's not like they don't KNOW the messes happen, right?
(or maybe you're like me and you're concerned they'll find out that they really WEREN'T responsible for the messes...LOL)

Enjoy Eldest for all he's worth!
And have a wondrous holiday, Mig--filled with love and laughter and all good things.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Thanks Mel :)
Yes we enjoyed him a lot. I got taken to task for not keeping up with my brain training game and we had lots of laughs. It is always lovely to see them and the two girls and all their appendages are coming on Christmas day. Yippee!

Happiness to you and the Brit too and to all your loved ones xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home