Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Life wouldn't be the same


Would it, without a series of minor crises from which to lurch, one to the next?
(Inserted update - the Christmas card crisis has been solved thanks to the entirely wonderful Thursday).
Even if I wasn't fed up already with the whole Christmas card thing (I've been doing Christmas cards in their hundreds for the last 50 years) and with word (I've only been doing that for about fifteen years but I'm getting wise to this kind of thing now) I'd be screaming blue and purple comments at this time of year anyway. (Did I mention that I've mislaid the neat, efficient black file, entitled appropriately enough, 'Christmas Files' which contained the list of cards* we've sent and received over the last ten years or so?)
Why why why does everything happen at Christmas?
And why do we have to fill the whole freezer up with a lamb just before the dreaded CH word????
(Because Russell sold Barney one at the pub, that's why. One Russell had organically and free rangedly reared himself, see)
But as, yesterday, Thursday hadn't come up with the solution I wasn't quite ready to give up on a quite satisfying and energising ferment of Word Rage. (Is there a syndrome called that yet? There should be. Oh YES! Word Rage should be documented and researched - Oh bother the cooker is beeping - time to go an cook again)...So here I am, was,** occasionally saying inarticulately furious things to the dog (who follows me in and out of the kitchen in evergreen hopefulness and pretends to misunderstand exclamations like GAHH! and DUHHH! and S***T - idiot! He thinks that because I'm being particularly communicative and incomprehensible tonight I'll drop some meaty morsels on the floor. Oh Ok. He'd think that anyway.)

Umm. I've lost something. Oh yes. a thread. Right. I'm feeling quite cheerful. Could be to do with the three glasses of wine or the imminence of a possibly delicious (but despised because of the freezer thing ) dinner. Or the fact that while Thursday is busily solving my problem for me I can still, at intervals, rush to the computer and try another tack and then when it fails, rush back into the kitchen, muttering expletives.
Bugger. The cooker is pinging at me again! More cooking! (been doing that for 50 odd years too).
I think it (the cheerfulness is because in spite of having gone to bed at 4 am (so Barney tells me and who am I to argue - I was the one who was awake after all) and having got up at 7.30 am to take a picture of a sunrise which may or may not have been worth the effort, I have done at least two Christmas related jobs today and have practised my fiddle to boot. Better than to boot. To reasonably good effect. (remember? Everything happens at Christmas including having to play duets and other stuff in little but somehow terribly important concerts)

*Duh! List of people to whom cards have been sent and from whom, received, of course!
**I started this post while cooking yesterday's dinner and while Thursday was carrying on with the CH Card/Word conundrum and finished it this morning after Thursday had solved the Ch Crd thing so my tenses will be thoroughly scrambled. The effort of trying to follow what went when may possibly be good for your brain. I've given up, as today I have a whole new set of computer related games to play.

5 comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger Thursday said...

I'm good, me.

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Wow.....she's good, her...that gal...Thursday. Sheeeeesh.
I suck. LOL

Yippee for distractions during time of crisis and chaos?

;-)

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Oh.

And I'd like one pinkish purpleyish sunrise, thankyou....please.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

beautiful beautiful beautiful photo!

we had a pretty sunrise the other day, but it was framed for me by rooftops and office blocks - so not quite as lovely as yours

:-)

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

More sunrises coming up soon Mel :)
Well, one every day I suppose, technically speaking :) And yes, distractions are a good thing. sometimes too much? Hmm.
Thank you ILTV :) At least there was one amongst the office blocks. Would be sad if there weren't any at all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home