Sunday, December 30, 2007

Untitled meditations upon dishwashers, dogs and the common cold

The dishwasher has been replaced, courtesy of Youngest's partner (Oooh, no, Fiance :) and the new one is doing its thing for the first time. Course, as it was a hand me down, we had no destructions so had to ring up and ask how to start it. (Now if it had been Barney's Mum, she would have just beaten it into submission. She had an unparalleled way with domestic machinery. If it wouldn't open, shut, start or stop she'd just push, pull, twist or turn HARDER. Many machines caved in under this treatment over the years including my spin dryer - safety brake broken - my washing machine, well the door wouldn't normally open until the machine was empty - flooded kitchen - some other appliance with a slidey door - pulled open with firm persuasion - that one had to be replaced). Oddly enough, Barney's mum would have been fine with the dishwasher, you just had to pull harder :).
And now SiL has taken Nutmeg and her dog, Muffin, out for a last quick wee. Nutmeg has run off into the dark (I can tell because SiL is calling him). Wicked dog! Muffin of course has stayed close to SiL and is now concerned because it's not right for dogs to go off into the night and not come back when they're called. she would never behave like that as she is a well behaved dog.
The new doshwisher has done a wish and the doshes are all clean. I forgive Fiance2 for giving us his cold. (it wasn't either kind of flu as it turned out).
Tomorrow I shall have to go shopping again.
How is it possible to go shopping so often, to have so much food stashed away around the house and still to have to go and buy more?
And I must be swift and efficient about it. I mustn't stop at the gate and leap out of the car because I saw a rain drop with the sun caught in it*Nor must I crawl about on the lawn in the hope that the camera will see all the raindrops on the grass.Certainly I mustn't stop on the way into town and admire the pale blue winter skyAnd it would be quite self indulgent and would make me late home if I stopped on the way back as well to catch the sun going down
So it's just as well I did all that last time I went shopping isn't it :)

I must take my cold to bed.
Sleep well :)

*You have to look at the bigger version as it's a very small raindrop with a very tiny sun in it. This reminds me of Spike Milligan's immortal words :-

The sky is full of little holes
To let the rain come in.
The little holes are very small
And that's why rain is thin.

2 comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Oh......I don't want some evil cold to find you....
BUT--if that means forfeiting the raindrop/sunshine/fog/leaping and crawling.....ummmmm..

Can I buy a case of kleenex and a bottle of (non-tagged) rum? LOL
Would that work to keep (selfish little) me supplied with awesome photos?
How about if I whine? LOL

Wonderful photos, Mig.
WELL worth the leaping and creeping and crawling and boxes of tissues. LOL

((((((( Mig ))))))))
(I do hope the wayward puppy found his way back to his human......)
(and can I add that our microwave has a button to open the door...A BUTTON! Whatever happened to handles?!)

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Indeed! Handles worked fine. Why fix them?
The cold has retreated into obscurity beside Barney's version so what with your kleenexes (thankyou) and all there's no immediate danger of photos not appearing from time to time :)
xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home