Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A crisp, icy wind today and wonderful clear skies tonight. The five day forecast is still promising snow tomorrow though I can't see where the sky is keeping it. I'm imagining laden clouds drifting and gusting our way through the night and my day has been filled with quick visits outdoors to check for heavy clouds as well as frequent searching of blogs and emails.

You should never take things for granted damnit all. I should have learnt this a hundred times in so many years but I never do. Change comes not only on the wind but waits round every corner and behind every face and indeed lurks inside us all.
Ambushed again.

Barney is away, returning Great-Grand-FatherinLaw-Dad home. I have one night to spend by myself and I can't decide what to do with the rest of it. I've finished the Winter's tale and it was lovely (perhaps a bit sentimental but very round and full)
Here's lichen and smoke

Fine old stone

And hope in the face of devastation
And here's a wave of cloud, crashing silently across the hills
And old well rooted trees
An unreachable farther bank
Who knows, tomorrow I shall hope to wake to the silence after fresh snowfall.

I've just been outside. The wind is still icy and now there are clouds. Maybe I shall wake to a blizzard. This would be exciting but I'd like Barney to get home first so I'll only hope for snow later. I don't want him driving home with his cold along the M25 in a blizzard.

Labels: , , , ,

3 comments:

At 1:55 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Oh gosh...don't make me pick!
k....the clouds.
..wait.....the stone bridge.
Both!
And the gnarly fingered tree with lichen.

Oh..fudgebuckets. LOL
They're all wonderful.

And I do hope you enjoy the evening...and that himself gets home safe and sound before the blizzard traps you in it's whiteness.

Life IS to precious, Mig--go about living it for all it's worth, eh?
*hugs*

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is all well Mig? Have you heard from I?

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Ok Mel. On with the preciousness :)
It's so cold and windy I've been raiding folders from last year for pics so I'm glad you like them :)

No Thursday, thanks for asking. no news. So we just give her space and hope for the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home