Monday, November 12, 2007

Unidentified flying curry and things that bite back*

Ikea was the day. Today. (Monday, I'm a day behind)
We got there (Thursday came too, hooray!) we ate stuff, we had free extra coffee, we did a complete circuit of the labyrinth, drank tea (which was really quite nice) and we got home with multitudinous Ikea items. It only took us er...6 hours?
Well that does include the journey to Bristol and back.
I have to say that Thursday is the most brilliant company and made most of a day trudging round the Ikea monster seem quite acceptable.

Well, Barney and I got his desk up and working**. Unfortunately for me, this meant moving the old bed out of his new 'stamp room' into what will be my sewing room. So I won't be able to get my desk up and running till that's gone (I don't know where it's going). Also, until the futon has been moved out of the music room and into the stamp room I won't be able to put my Poang chair together in there. And I'm really looking forward to the Poang sitting experience. what's more, Ikea was still out of stock of the desk I wanted to use for card making. so I can't have that up yet either.
Then there was the pate. Barney spent a good deal of time in the kitchen, over the weekend, not, regrettably, making dinners and stuff but making pate. It's very very nice. Unfortunately for me, when I had a quick slice while making dinner* it bit back and a small piece of bacon bone attacked one of my teeth. Quite violently I might add. Now you might think the pate was entitled to return the biting but I happen to think not. At my time of life I have to nurture those teeth that remain with me. This tooth make a kind of squelchy snapping noise. Nothing came out however, (except a mouthful of pate expelled at speed and with a squawk of outraged anguish) It all still seems to be in place though the gum and the root area is rather tender. Maybe, just maybe, it'll survive. I'm now trying to decide whether to take it at once to the dentist in case there's something he can do to help it hang on in there. Or whether to let it look after itself. Hmm. By the time I've decided it may have made its own decision. (Good tooth, nice tooth, clever tooth, tough tooth. Stick with me and I'll look after you for ever - promise). Well as long as it's hurting, even slightly, it must still be alive don't you think?***

Well the best things about the day were without doubt, having Thursday's company and coming back with the loot. (there was also a very beautiful, very early, frosty morning expedition but few of the photos amounted to much - I don't think I was really paying attention)

Yesterday though, I went to the woods and took a few pictures as the sun went down. Then, played with them cos the sun had gone quite a lot down and there wasn't a lot of light. Then I got a bit involved with the playing and found a horse that came from the far Northern Pennines. I transported him to the Berkshire woodlands and off he went into the sunset. I hope he'll be happy there.


*In the interests of getting the desk together, dinner was a hastily assembled group of things out of the freezer. One of which was not labelled. But turned out to be an unidentified curry (I lied about it flying).
**It looks very nice. I am evious. No you idiot computer, not devious, envious!
***It's ok, only a very minor hurting: We managed breakfast :)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

At 5:49 AM, Blogger Mel said...

.....k....gotta look up that fancy chair you talk about...

And I could do some more beggin' for the tooth if you like. (couldn't hurt, right? LOL)

*hugs and begging thoughts* ;-)

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A most enjoyable day trudging round IKEA. Any time Mig, any time.

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Thanks for the begging Mel :) It's still in place!
It was quite fun Thursday...especially with company :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home