Friday, November 09, 2007

I was going to write a post

But instead, I went into the kitchen to make coffee and ended up making bacon and egg and fried potatoes and emptying the dishwasher and letting the dog out and clearing up something nasty the cat brought me and hoovering the dining room and.....
You know maybe I need to re-prioritise. (is that a word? I don't know. If not I made up some gobbledy speak all by myself. Clever? If not, I apologise for using it)

Ok so now I'll write a post.
******
Here's an autumnal picture. Just because it is.
Along with the general reorganisation of the activities in this household, there has been a suggestion that if we got rid of the piano, there would be room for a bookcase for Barney's books. I didn't smite down this suggestion with the contempt it deserved. Oh no. I said it had its points and well no, no one actually plays the piano any more but we'd have to consider it.
So now I 'play' the piano every day for a few minutes. Well, ok I don't exactly play it and it takes more than a few minutes. And now I can say it absolutely has to be tuned. It's not so much that the D two above middle C is out, but that you can't tell if you've played it or not by listening to it.
Barney's books? Oh no problem. I am the woman who can fit a whole (LARGE) lawnful of stuff, three children and two adults (one long and one wide) into a mini. Elephants optional (but no custard please). So I think I can manage a few books and a bit of bookcase space. *adds bookcase to Ikea list*

Well then, I'm trying to get music back into my life. It's a bit of a squeeze what with cards and photos and blogging and flickr and etc etc not to mention the piano. But I had a wonderful find the other day. I have been using an 'unregistered trial version' of a certain music programme for a few years and when I moved over to Windows Vista it ceased to perform. Fair enough. But I couldn't get hold of a cheap old replacement for love nor money not nowhere. Until a music store from which I once bought a less wonderful programme, sent me a newsletter informing me that they weren't selling the old stuff any more but had negotiated a deal with Sibelius for a cheap crossgrade! (that's cheap as in less expensive but still a lot of money, however it is a LOT cheaper). It took me three days to decide and now I've got it. With the manual and everything and it works !!!!

And then there's Flickr. I've had a sudden upsurge of comment and stuff on one or two photos recently...slightly astonishing to me but very nice all the same. And there's this thing on flickr called Explore, I think it's like a sort of top 500. I've never been able to understand how it worked (nobody does seem to understand it and pictures move up and down the list and disappear and reappear for no obvious reason) and certainly never expected any of my pics to appear in it....I mean there are pictures I've seen with 400 odd comments and upward of 100 favourites. Well deserved too. Anyway I was wondering how you check if you've got a picture on explore the other day and followed a link or two and suddenly it was revealed to me that I've had 6 pictures on explore! 6!!!
Gobsmacked I was for a minute or two! But now I'm bragging about it as much as I can before the moment of glory fades completely :)

Meanwhile, I've decide to dry out. Last weekends excesses made my stomach mutter rebelliously when I looked at a bottle of rather nice wine in the supermarket the other day. I thought I'd give it a break. And a friend told me her (almost non-existent) pot shrank away quickly whenever she dropped the habit for a while. So I thought mine might retreat a little bit. Also I thought I might suddenly start waking up all bright and bushy tailed in the morning if I hadn't taken any strong drink the night before. Sadly neither of these things have happened yet. And my coffee consumption has increased which isn't so good (except that it's nice).

So now it's time for a cup of tea, ten minutes keeping the piano alive, half an hour with the fiddle.

I would like to have this little shed at the bottom of my garden :)

And I loved the toy windows in this toy houseEnjoy your evening and your weekend and
OH! I forgot.
I started this blog because I wanted to put pictures up somewhere. I thought even I might get a response or two here and there. And of course I love to babble on about not very much!
Well there have been lovely people dropping in and out and it's been fun. But some special people still visit and find things to say after, goodness...years!* I believe there are one or two lurkers even :)
Anyway, When I was fishmouthing at the Flickr explore thing the other night, my thoughts came back here, where kind and friendly and generous praise for my photos kept me plugging away when the sun went in and when the wind blurred things and when I got cross-eyed from playing with photoshop. It was here that I got the encouragement to take my photos to a wider world. I am so grateful :) I so appreciate the support you've all given me. I wouldn't, really, have had the nerve to make cards and take them to shops and market without you.
Thank you all :)
xxx

*2 and a bit years :)

Labels: , , , ,

5 comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Ohhhh.....not one or two but SIX!

*doing happy dance and singin' a happy tune*
SIX!

Gosh.
It's been two years since we crossed paths?
Two years!

:-)
It's been a glorious two years, Mig. And I'm forever grateful.

 
At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooooo, three desks, one bookcase, bed linen - shall we get a van? I think I came across you 2.5 years ago too - gosh! Much has happened :))

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

The gratitude's all mutual Mel :) It does seem like only yesterday with the little boats :)

plus a lamp, some blue baskets and a set of christmas lights Thursday :)
I have permission to take the pickup. which means we may have fun wrestling with a tarp!

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

I've been a bit lapse with my blogging recently, but when I finally get around to checking my favourite places it is always such a TOTAL JOY to come here and look at your lovely photos. . .

and read about your lovely life, which always makes me smile so much

I think I'd like to thank you for sharing here

ah, little boats! *sigh*

makes me want to burst into song - and bizarrely, this is what I want to sing. . .

"didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to Bangor"*

!!

:-D

(*or maybe some bluegrass. . . "blues skies, nothing but blue skies do I see")

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

:) It's the thing about blogging isn't it. You can share songs and pictures, lives and even *happy dances* :)Not to mention wonderfully convoluted ideas and random clusters :)
And the sharing is indeed a joy :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home