Friday, October 19, 2007

On a go slow day


I think the crisp, chill of Autumn has frozen my brain. I'm doing everything so slowly today. Even the glorious sunlight didn't get me up, out or moving till the afternoon. Now I've got to do some shopping and go for a fiddle lesson.
Last night I went out with another flickr photographer for a night shoot. Such fun but we both came inadequately dressed and had to seek warmth in the pub after a couple of hours. Brrrrrrrrr!

I've spent the last few days either frozen, exhausted or out. Frozen from sitting around playing with photos or from being out, exhausted from getting up unaccustomedly early and oh, I forgot, asleep, either in front of the computer screen or the telly or of course, in bed :)
But it was warm last night :) We had such a lovely evening with Joe Brown and Thursday and watched 'meet the natives' Who did finally get to see Prince Philip.
You didn't know about them? they are a group of people from Tanna in the Pacific. they came to England to get to know us weird people and believe that Philip is the son of their God. I particularly liked that they visited three English tribes, the middle class tribe, the working class tribe and the upper class tribe.
They had a question for Prince Philip...."is the paw paw ripe yet?"
I'm not sure how he answered this question exactly. But it's to do with when he is going to come home to Tanna and the two peoples of Tanna and England will bring peace and harmony to the whole world.
I will say as well as inexhaustible humour, they all had very nice bums :)

Well, I've taken a few pics but the energy necessarily to upload them has temporarily deserted me. 'Nother day.

I think I'm going to take a brief blog break. Just too much stuff to sort out!

See you all soon.
Be well and happy xxxx

7 comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Mel said...

....oh wow........

And you wonder how it is we think you oughta sell those photos?

Himself was wowed, even.
100% England, that first one with the mist and road. Absolutely awesome. As is the sunset one with the bridge.

*sigh*

I can understand the need for a break, ma'am. Though I'll admit I'll miss the beauty that finds its way onto the internet, thanks to you.
((((((((( Mig ))))))))))))

Be safe, stay well will ya?!

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

my thoughts exactly, such gorgeous photos.. . you stay well and be happy too!

:-)

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed, they did have jolly nice bums.

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Well thank you Mel And I. (and thank Himself too :)
I am doing fine thanks...can't quite resist a quick check in though :)
Back soon
xx

Bums and grins Thursday :) but I strongly suspect that their fabled happiness depends a good deal on their women continuing to accept the 'men in charge' philosophy!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Malcolm Cinnamond said...

Beautiful pics. A reminder of how beautiful England can be.

Hope you'll be back soon with more.

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Mel said...

((((((((((Mig))))))))))))))

Miss ya!

But truly--no pressure, eh?

*thinkin' of ya*

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Hi Malc and thanks for that. I will be back. I've just enjoyed reading your tales of an idyll. Hope you beat the rabbits :)
I'm cool Mel. Unpressed and gradually getting back into gear :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home