Thursday, September 27, 2007

A little job

that Barney wanted some help with.
Just a trifling matter of listing the catalogue numbers of the several thousand stamps he still needs to collect, by country and by used and mint.
This is a very slow business if you are both reading the numbers and writing them out. Much much slower than, for instance, one person reading them out and another typing them into a beautiful word table. So we are doing it the second way and I believe we are doing quite well.

I never realised how many countries there were in the British colonies and the empire and all that. As for the number of stamps, well I suppose it's obvious there would be a few.

I am collecting so many brownie points!

Anyway, we are up to Negri Sembilan (wherever that is - or was) and now it's time for dinner. Which I intelligently prepared before resuming our epic stamp cataloguing. There are times when I feel that Barney's understanding of the uses of computers, as opposed to the using of them, is growing a little too adventurous :)

2 comments:

At 5:38 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Thank goodness himself has his own 'puter.

And then there's the laptop.
And the other laptop which the girl 'borrowed' (aka as nabbed for her own).
And the Mac.
AND the other desktop downstairs.
And my desktop....
Sheeeeshhhh.
Think we have enough?

But what a cool project when it's done together!

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Mel, if it wasn't for the togetherness, it'd be cool to the point of being frigid, in my opinion. However the togetherness is good (and so are the brownie points:)
I am glad to hear you have more or less enough 'puters though. I do wish Barney was a bit less uninvolved with them, then we might have a few more :). And I would be chief advisor instead of the place where the buck both starts and stops!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home