Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Pleasaunce in rural Oxfordshire

I've abandoned Oxford Market. It doesn't want my cards enough :)
Regrettably, all the local markets seem to be full. So I'm going to go for the local shops in a big way. And I've ordered a new toy from jessops which may help me to prepare for the Christmas period.
Watch this space....if the new toy arrives as advertised and if it does what I hope it will, there may be some quite different looking pics to see.
Meanwhile Barney's pickup needing an MOT and he needing to get to work near Oxford combined nicely with a day in the city (with Frangelita who is soon to have a birthday*) and gave me a chance to wander round Boars Hill. I saw a field dedicated to Matthew Arnold,**a map of the view from a hump, (the map is on top of the interesting lump of stone and the hump was called Jarn Mound) a wild garden planned and preserved for the local people to enjoy

and a bunny!
Who was also enjoying the garden until we saw each other and both pretended we weren't really there for several minutes. It was easier for him. he only had to pretend he was a large furry twig. I had to pretend I was an enormous blue flower with a single black shiny eye. Not the sort of thing your average rabbit often sees standing around in the woods.
Well provided with benches, this woodland garden. I feel sure one could be spared for you I so I found you this one.

*I can't tell you what Frangelita and I got for her birthday cos it's a secret and she might read this and of course she has no idea what it is :)
**apparently it was the inspiration for "Thyrsis and somebody" I have to look this up now.
Blimey, that's long! And it's called 'Thyrsis: A monody'

Labels:

5 comments:

At 5:37 AM, Blogger Mel said...

k.......not only is it long, it's all Greek to me. *sigh*

But the pictures are lovely.

Oh, for some quiet time on that lovely bench with the furry twig lurking nearby......*happy sigh*
What a lovely adventure you had!

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I didn't read it all Mel I must confess. Short attention span me :)
Anyway, it was a rather nice morning thankyou :)

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

nice bench!!!!!!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

boy, would I like to be sitting on that doing some thinking!

and what a cute bunny!

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

(just had to double click on that photo - you are so clever!! the bench is perfectly in the middle and perfectly framed by the darker leaves and then the greener leaves - and what interesting colour earth!)

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

The earth has gone a bit pink...I don't know why exactly, something to do with the shadow/highlight thing in photoshop.
As for the framing, I rather suspect that it was set up for me by the designer of the wild garden. There's another bench some distance behind me which is clearly placed so you can admire this one :) And vice versa but this one is the nicer what with the yew and the younger growth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home