Monday, September 03, 2007

A bit of good grumpy-old-woman fun with Tesco

These look pretty good eh ?
We had some last night and I was inspired to send this email to Tesco today as a result.

"The half-price, Herefordshire strawberries sold at Newbury Tesco on Sept 1st are described as “sweet and delicious”.

They are in fact, hard and completely tasteless. Certainly not sweet, (not even sour). They completely fail to comply with the description on the packet being neither sweet, delicious or even much like strawberries in flavour or texture. Though they are red. And they do have seeds and the shape appears to be about right.

I don’t mind half price strawberries being a bit overripe because though they might be a bit soft and mushy they will still taste of strawberry so I can only assume there is something basically wrong about these strawberries. Are they genetically modified? Or irradiated?

I suggest you don’t buy any more.

Yours...."

I think I will offer the left-overs to this little chap. Me and Nutmeg almost fell over him the other night.

Now these are the real thing. and they taste like it too. Well done that Barney :)

(the green ones came up shinier on the photo but the red ones are really good - sweet and delicious :)

Ooh! I've just had an email from Tesco. It says they got my email and they'll be in touch soon. Hah! I'm tempted to reply and say I'm really not interested in their response. And don't offer me any free strawberries!

Labels: , ,

5 comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

sock it to 'em

you pack a punch!

I find that with strawberries from the supermarket sometimes. . . and then some friends gave me some from their allotment - YUM YUM!!

lovely tomato pictures! very autumnal. . . I could almost smell that tomato smell that comes from a greenhouse full of tomatoes (do you know the one I mean?!) and feel that fuzzy tomato leaf texture on my fingers. . .

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Okay....Barney rocks with his tomato plants. (though I've seen how tall those suckers are and they're near tree-like)

I'm a fresh outta the patch strawberry kinda gal.
The ones sent from California LOOK pretty--but they pale in comparison to the fresh outta the patch ones when it comes to taste.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Mel said...

*sigh*

I wanna hedgehog!
(Just needed to whine about that again! LOL)

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Tell you what I, they were just so awful I thought Tesco ought to have quick slap round the chops for selling them. And if they offer me anything I'll refuse it...maybe :)
But the toms do have that lovely peppery smell.
Wish I could send you a hedgehog Mel :) But I don't think he'd like being in an envelope. And there's the fleas!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Those tomatoes are looking lush! Currently feeling very hungry and thats made it worse! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home