Thursday, August 23, 2007

Today was the best market day so far!!! I covered my costs (only the day's costs though, not the production costs) and gained £3 towards the losses from previous markets. I suppose this means I will go again next week. There was a steady passage of delightful punters through the market, the sun shone, Frangelita came and ate lunch with me, people said nice things and it was all really very enjoyable.
People said it was a bit of a slow day. All I can say is, if today was slow, bring on the fast days! Yay!
Things were somewhat dampened by the discovery of a flat tyre at the end of the day but Barney rescued me (I think lots of other people would have rescued me but I'd already rung him) and now it's a golden evening and maybe summer is still around after all.

I was enchanted by this lady. I wanted very much for her to stand by my stall and look like that
Later she was persuaded to try on a different outfit. I don't think it met with her approval
But my friend from another stall was impervious to her disdain. Also, I think she was impervious to his embrace.
Actually I think she was just impervious altogether.
From the sublime (?) to the.......well, sometimes, when it's chilly and my canvas chair is damp, I wonder if I would be happier selling comfy furniture.
Whatever.

Now I need to replace a lot of flower cards and several tiny cards. Also I need more pigs! Pigs were popular!
I am a fairly contented bunny. Please pray/wish for very very lovely weather on Sunday. I would so like to make a killing at Art on the Park!!!

7 comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger frangelita said...

I almost never think about pigs. But after you told me about your pig success then when I went to work, I spent most of the afternoon working on a story about a pig tragedy. It was a pig of a day (ahem)

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

LOL. I hope the story of the pig tragedy is on your blog. I shall go and look :)

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

what's Art in the Park?

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

oh! and GOOD!!

about time too!!!

:-D

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Art on the Park is Newbury's version of the Green Park paintings on the railings thing in London :)
It's quite a small and cosy affair, compared. But it would be nice to sell some cards locally :)

And thank you I :) It is about time!

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Mel said...

YEAH!!!!

PAST time and here's hoping for more pigs?

Pigs?!
*shaking head*
Go figure.....pigs!

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Pink pigs :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home