Monday, August 20, 2007

It's a dim damp day

And I'm a gibbering wreck with chilly feet. This is because, yet again, I've spent hours on the phone, not just chasing insurance but also, trying to fix Barney's email.
Periodically, Barney's email goes wrong. I don't understand the way his email is...er...routed?...so this is a regular recipe for rage and despair followed by phone calls to people who ASK me things. Which I can't answer. Because I suspect our earwig isn't quite set up as normal, simple eggboxes are. see!
Then I tried to make my new gadget work (this is a replacement for the one I used to have which will not-no way-in any circumstances work with Windows Vista). Actually it looks as though this new one will also not work with vista but there are possibilities and as long as I try within 28 days of purchase I have the assurance that I may return it. To Comet.
I hate Comet. (partly because whenever you ask them if your prospective purchase will do something, they read the same sales ticket you've just read and come up with the same answer. Dunno. Have to check. DUMMY!!!! I just did all that and now I'm checking....with YOU!). Meanwhile the sink is full of greasy watery stuff because the special little plughole filter thingy, as always, has got blocked up. I hate the little pluggy blocky thingy!
I hate Barney's email too.

The dog smells and is burping at me. WTF is all that about? I suppose I don't hate him. Much.
Oddly enough the cats are keeping out of my way.

I've sent a distress call to Eldest. Perhaps he will realise that Dad's email is driving me to gibbering, snivelling despair and agree to look it all up and then remotely rescue me.

I think I'll go and put some socks in it. Nonononono. I mean on. Some socks. On. My feet.
And clean out the blocky pluggy thing.

Oh and I just checked the weather. This morning, it said we would have light showers today and sunny spells tomorrow. Now it says we will have sunny spells today and heavy showers tomorrow. What kind of weather forecast changes its mind about today at 5pm? Actually we just a had a sunny spell. One sunny spell. That is to say the sun peered weakly through a cloud for three minutes and then vanished again in a helplessly embarrassed kind of way.

In short, my list for today said, fix email, chase insurance, connect new gadget, make some cards for Oxford and make dinner early so we can go and visit Brother in law on his new narrow boat.
What I've done is, chase the insurance (up the garden path) not-fix the email, not-connect the gadget, not-make any cards for Oxford and make dinner early so we can etc etc only Brother in law hasn't rung to say where the boat is so we're currently not-visiting him. Oh and now I think about it, I've not-put any socks on too.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure that at least three of my regular visitors are away and won't be able to leave understanding, soothing comments. If anyone else is around, please say something soothing and understanding. Otherwise I may have to commit virtual suicide!

8 comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger frangelita said...

No virtual suicide! Be happy! If it would help, there's a kick ass blues gig in Oxford tonight to which you can be my plus one if you like.

No? Well, I thought I'd ask. You're always welcome.

Oh, and pix of Marmite please.

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mig, I feel your pain, really I do.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh alright Frangelita. Perhaps a bit of virtual mayhem? A swift race through all the blogs I know, leaving a faint Rincewind-like trail of aaaarrrgghs?
No, perhaps they wouldn't understand :(
thanks for the invite :)

I knew you'd understand Thursday :) thank you.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Actually dad would probably have liked to be your plus one for a kick ass blues gig :) Any more coming up?

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger frangelita said...

the Famous Monday Blues, in t'Cowley Road every Monday. But not next week, it being the bank holiday.

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

calm calm calm

lavender and soothing balm coming your way

might be a little late - but here anyhow! (I saw a lady today, with an umbrella with images of cats and dogs tumbling around all over the place on it, and it reminded me of that lovely picture you made for me ages ago!)

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I shall tell Dad about the famous Monday Blues Fran:) Do you do a plus one gig there often?

Ah, lavender and balm .....calm....deep breaths. All better now thank you I. (Oh and
I think it was one of those brollies gave me the idea :)

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Oh gosh...some moments are just like that.
They pass.

And hugs to you.
Gosh I missed youse guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home