Thursday, July 26, 2007

monkeys and sunshine

It's sunny! it's sunny! (today, Friday)The thing about house work, I find, is that when I have done it, I find the results delightful. Even wander around beaming slightly upon my efforts.
This happens rarely and usually adds another dimension to my procrastinatory abilities :)
I've just cleaned the computer desk. Wow! :)
:)
And while I was doing it, the heavens emptied a few more buckets of rain outside the window. It's supposed to be getting better by Saturday but I do wonder whether that's wishful thinking from the weatherpeople. (yesterday - Thursday)

It seems that extreme situations will always throw up extreme views. This, I am impressed with as an example of how faith (and a reluctance to apply reason to dogma) will make monkeys of the best of us. Well, the holiest anyway. Oh, alright, the supposedly holiest (where's charity, the best of virtues, in this)*

Believing in God is no excuse in my opinion for unbridled prejudice and lazy, self indulgent spouting. That's only my opinion though :)
It's still sunny! (today again :)

*I have no quarrel with the view that greed and carelessness may have brought judgement upon us, only with the idea that allowing homosexuality has too.

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 comments:

At 3:09 AM, Blogger Mel said...

"We are reaping the consequences of our moral degradation."

I'm so glad I've come to a different understanding of what the Big Guy wants for His kiddos.

Yep, I'd agree that we create our own troubles, environmentally.
But being 'smited' by G-d?

I think I'm embarassed for G-d to have this fella as a 'spokesman'.


Woooooohooooooo for the sunshine.
May there be a better balance for all of you soggy feeling folks.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

beautiful photos!

and how wonderful for a little sunshine, finally. . .

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

(and enjoy your family weekend - I hope the rain stays away and the campers don't get soaked and that everyone has lots and lots of fun!)

:-)

xxx

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Well thanks Mel, the forecast for the whole of the next week is 'Sunny'. I think that qualifies as a better balance :)
The bishop chap is missing a marble or two don't you think. Perhaps God is using him as an example of someone on whom who we can practice tolerance and understanding.

Thank you I, we did have a lovely weekend, the rain kept mostly out of the way and we did have lots and lots and lots of fun :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home