Sunday, July 01, 2007

A typical Sunday evening in the Bardsley household

Barney is cooking and has a glass of cider in attendance. Occasionally he says things like "Ok,that's cool" and " how much rosemary!!???" and "where's the fennel seed these days?". He is wearing a black and white checked chef's apron.
I am checking through today's batch of photos. (large glass of red wine...today's is Clos de Siete if you're interested...delish and a gift from Youngest) and offering information on the whereabouts of ingredients as required.
In between the meat and the potatoes, Barney comes in to the dining/computer/stamp/card making room, pushing a hoover. After a minute, I offer to take over this task as after all he is seeing to our most pressing needs. Willingly he accepts and vanishes back to the kitchen. Davy Graham is briefly shut out of the dining room while I hoover. As I am not wearing glasses and can't see what I'm missing, the hoovering only takes a few seconds then I can have Davy Graham back and also the dog can stop leaping out of the way of the hoover. Well into its way mostly as he is quite incapable of predicting where it will go next. One of these days I will hoover him up. That'll confuse him.
So that was Sunday.
then on Monday, I was good for quite a long time and sorted out pictures for Newbury cards to take to the Art Shop where the nice man (bless him) said yes he'd display some cards to sell for me. Later I made them all pretty and soon I will sort out the printing packages.


But I did take some pictures on Sunday, in Froud's Lane. Such an irresistible name and before I knew where I was I'd started playing with this. Quite nice but rather a dull sky So I added a sky from another picture
Which was fun and then I tried to add some gradient and inadvertently threw a bucket of black all over it
This was so amazing I had to see what happened if I inverted it
And added a curves layer
And now I can't decide which one is the most fun.

I recommend Froud's Lane.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 comments:

At 3:04 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Gosh. Your Sunday and Monday reaped some tasties and pretties!

I, on the other hand--did laundry, mowed and pretended I wanted to be helpful at work.

Ah, but what a wonderful life, eh?

WAY cool, the things you can do with photos nowadays!

Decisions, decisions....

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Oh!!

My book is here!! My book is here!!

Now, to finish the two that I have started......

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Ooh that's so exciting!! I love it when something arrives :)
Happy reading Mel:)

I feel it's time for some sidewalk painting! Or is it raining over there too?

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Oh, of course, raining and I'm waiting out a tornado watch....humid, hot..and not a breath of air moving.

*sigh*
And me with a float to get ready for tomorrow--with rain in the forecast for the parade.
Pooh!!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

I love what you've done with the pictures - adding in the sky, inverting the colours. . .

wonderful

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I have to admit, most of it was just pressing buttons I and wondering what would happen. Of course it's incredibly clever of me to press buttons :)
(and to be fair, adding the sky is a major, lengthy not-going-to-bed-till-very-late sort of thing).
So it's lovely of you to appreciate :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home