Sunday, July 22, 2007

Narrowing the focus

We have an annual event next week. The Bardfest as it has come to be called. That is to say, a big gathering of the family at our house with camping and BBQ and lots of food.
This is a lot of fun and involves merriment, small children, often half naked, at least two, possibly three dogs, tents, more food, oh, a good deal of drink, more food, late night world sorting/silly conversations on the lawn, delightful, scatty, elderly ladies. It lasts from some time on Friday evening until some time on Monday and no doubt, causes the neighbours a certain amount of entertainment and/or annoyance :).
It also involves a good deal of advance cleaning and tidying of the Bardsley house. So it's possible, next week I may become somewhat obsessed with the minutiae of scrubbing, cobwebs, paintwork and floors. I may make lists. I may become so involved with the gargantuan task of getting this house in order that some of these lists and some descriptions of the things I encounter and the obstacles I overcome (or circumvent) will find their way onto this blog. If so, I hope you'll forgive me and be patient :) Some of this stuff may not be pretty!
What's more I am procrastinating. There may be blogging about how much I haven't done!
So here is something pretty to be going on with :)

Labels: , , , , ,

4 comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Wow.......

I love rainbows.
They're reminders to me about promises being kept.

And what a wonderful photo of the horses.


Nevermind the fussing.....save your energy for the festival of the Bard's!

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger Kata said...

Wow Mig! Just catching up with your latest and greatest...hope you guys are all still well above the high water mark! Awesome photos by the way..love the horseys! xx

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rainbows and running horses are just fabulous things to see.

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh that's nice Mel. Promises! I'll remember that :)

So far we remain above water Mangey, thank you. If this becomes a regular state of affairs though, anything could happen. Glad you like the horses :)

They are Thursday. And a nice change :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home