Friday, September 14, 2007

Too many photos = not enough sleep.

My sleeping has averaged at around 5 hours per night for the last few days. I got up early on Tuesday to say goodbye to Eldest and Northern Girl (and Marmite). After they'd gone I did an awful lot of washing and then went to look at Marlborough (stopping in Savernake Forest on the way, where there are giants)
and stay with my brother in Pewsey. We stayed up till 2 in the morning and apparently (I'm still a trifle astonished at this) drank nearly 3 bottles of wine.
Then I got up early (very very very early) on Wednesday (5.30) to see if there was a stall available on Marlborough Market and to take photos of Marlborough before the people and cars arrived. Only it was foggy and dull (so there's a photo from the previous day with all the cars and people but also with sunlight) and it seems the Market already has its quota of card-selling stalls. However, it was fun to see the lovely Eddy (of Oxford Market importance) and it was a bit of a surprise for both of us! After this I set off into the glorious Vale of Pewsey and spent a lot of time waiting for the fog to make up its mind and go away. Finally it went but it was a long wait.Then I had planned to sleep in a bit on Thursday but Barney appeared at 7 o'clock to tell me there was a nice atmospheric sunrise occurring so I got up and rushed off into the sunrise, unwashed, unbrushed and without coffee. Or tea. Later*, a journey with the marvellous Maggses to take pictures of hops in Kingston Bagpuize. Really. But as I said yesterday, I'm pretty much photo'd out. So I haven't looked through those yet
Er..... Oh, this morning was Friday. I slept in. It was heavenly!!!
You sleep well too:)

*Yes I did catch up on the washing, the brushing and the coffee.

8 comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

that last photo is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

GORGEOUS!!!!!

and I really like the one with the slightly out of focus trees too!

:-)

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

(and I like the one in the stubble feild - altho i do like a hay bale or two myself - as I like the movement that the mowing lines have created - really draws you into the picture!)

xxx

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

(and I like the one with the field, the trees, the hill and the sky line)

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

(oh, I like ALL your photos)

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Well thank you so much I :) What a nice lot of comments to wake up to :)

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Oh, DO thank Barney for waking you for the sunris......it's absolutely incredible!

And like ILTV, I can't decide which is my favorite...which leads me to believe they all are.

BUT.......it's nearing Halloween so I'm going with the ookey spookey trees in the field with the sheepies!
I could soooooo put lights on those and bats and ghosties and......ooooooohhhhh what a great pair of trees!

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Battling giants I thought Mel. I was so glad they were busy with each other :)

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I expect there are plenty of bats and spooky things around there at night though. Savernake forest is old!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home