Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Up with the larks

(When is that exactly? I'm sure I've heard them singing at all times of the day)
Anyway, these larks were Eldest and Lovely Partner and Marmite, getting ready to leave :(
I shall miss them all three. Once Marmite settled down and became less prone to throwing himself at doors and people he was really very good. The only downside to the visit was Mandu's exile. Last night she crept in (mewing pathetically) while Marmite was asleep (and shut in the other room) and gobbled down huge amounts of dinner, intermittently fleeing outside or rushing up to me for a quick reassuring cuddle. I had to stand by her food bowl to make her feel safe enough to eat.
I'm thinking that variations on lovely partner isn't really an adequate name for Eldest's lovely partner and I'm trying to think of a suitable sobriquet. Lancashire Lass would be appropriate but trite. Northern Girl is both the title of a very lovely folk tune and a marvellous book by Elizabeth Lynn. But it also has connotations to do with southern prejudices. Still I like it. Right. that's settled then.
You'll be pleased to hear that my brain (after a fallow period) is responding to brain training. It is now only 40 and a couple of days ago it was 54. But I really can't get the hang of the little people going in and out of a house. I can keep track up to about five entries or exits and then I just go Waaaaahh! and make a wild guess. I usually get one right (out of about ten) but apparently this qualifies as cycling speed (as opposed to walking, running , driving or flying) so it must be quite difficult? I'm at driving speed for counting slidey and bloopy numbers in different colours though. Brain training is quite fun :)

The last few days seem to have been terribly full or hectic or something. This may be due to the fact that I've got up very early several times (and you know how much I love to do that) but haven't gone to bed correspondingly early. In fact on one occasion it was somewhat the reverse. But that's for another day. I'm a bit photo'd out. And I think there must be a small creature in the computer that's saying in hypnotic tones "you are getting very sleeeeepy. you are feeeeeling very tired. you just want to sleeeeep. you will remember nothing of me when you wake up. when you next click your mouse you will fall asleeeep."
But here are some pictures :)
On the way to the pub

Donnington Castle from the far side of Newbury. (With sunshine!)

Newbury wharf with the hoist thingy and some flowers. I really haven't got the hang of taking photos for special requirements. The results are involving a lot of photoshop learning curves so that I can end up with something both 'different' but also of the same places as everyone else's pictures of Newbury (there are many!). This one also involved getting down on the stiff knees and cursing a lot!
Ooh I make such a fuss!!!

Ooops, got to go and do something hectic!
Have a lovely weekend :)

Labels: , , , , ,

4 comments:

At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely shot of the dahlias!

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I'm so glad you think so Thursday. Makes it all worth while (the stiff knees and also the fact that the area is a haunt of very many swans, geese, pigeons and seagulls. All of which leave their mark in the way that birds do)

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Oh, but it was sooooo worth the efforts.
Beautiful shot with the flowers.

And, fan that I am of crepuscular rays, I like the castley shot, too.
OR maybe it's castles I like?

Both!
:-)

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh I'm so glad you like the castle Mel :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home