Friday, November 02, 2007

Autumn spring clean?

No? Halloween clean then.
I'm going to clear out the dead chilli leaves from the kitchen window and wash the floor.
So there!
I've had a very good few days taking pictures and I'm very grateful for the sun having shone so nicely. Now it's a grey day and time to pay.
Also a good day to break a few habits. (I do break them once in a while, just to make sure I'm not turning into a picture zombie)
Well I did that and finally after months and months of subconscious exasperation and resistance, I also tidied the music room. That's a relief!

Barney doesn't know it yet but there are changes afoot here.
Between us we have three hobbies or activities which require large amounts of table space. There's stamp collecting (Oh, did you think that just needed space for an album and a few stamps now and then? Ha! think six to ten enormous albums and a dozen or so large envelopes full of stamps and several catalogues, all spread out for instant reference), there's card making and there's sewing. All theses things would be much easier to deal with if they had a space ready for instant use, perhaps even with the latest efforts laid nicely out.

We have one largeish table. Doubles up as the dining table and the place where mail and newspapers and heaps of unsorted stuff get put.
We also have three spare bedrooms now that we have no children at home.
See, there's a beautiful symmetry developing here.

Also, I need an Ikea trip. It's been long enough that I've forgotten what a horrible experience Ikea shopping is and can only remember the pleasure of bringing home lovely bright new things to play with. Oh yes!
Oh and before New Year, I want to have nice quilts and pillows on all the beds - I'm fed up with the ancient and lumpy and grubby ones hiding inside nice covers.

Really, it's just a question of choosing rooms and a trip to Ikea. I'm going to do a bit of virtual window shopping now :) that's three tables (or desks), one set of shelves and some soft, floppy, warm duvets and some nice firm pillows.
Oh and a Poang chair. Didn't I mention that? I've lusted after a Poang chair for a very long time. Ever since Eldest first introduced me to Ikea and my feet and back were hurting and I sat in one. Only there's no room anywhere for another armchair. But when one of us colonises the littlest room, upstairs, its bed will have to be replaced by a futon. The one in the music room in fact. Aha.
Oh I am so looking forward to this :)

And since I've tidied the music room and had a fiddle lesson tonight, I practiced. I even did studies.
Now me and my fiddle are tired.
So it's lights out and time for bed:)
I shan't be back till Sunday or Monday as we've visiting to do, but I hope you all have a really really nice weekend.

9 comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Ooooo I just KNEW you would have a room like that one in the mirror. GORGEOUS!
What with two musicians in our house, my knitting and sewing and all the computer and camera doings, its more of a fight over floor space, as all the tables have long since been taken!

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Ohhhh, what a comfy spot to make some music. And what a job well done on the fiddle room.
Now for executed plans! Wooooohoooo!!!!!
How cool will it be to discover the table AND be able to close a door on the messes hobbies create.

(so speaketh the woman who's lost possession of the coffee nook table to card making...LOL)

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm well up for IKEA

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Well we will have a problem when all the family come to stay Sam...maybe some of them can sleep on the new desks and tables :)
I'm a contentedly anticipating bunny Mel. And I've sold Barney on the idea :)
How about Wednesday Thursday? :)

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Bother! All out of stock till Monday. Thursday, how about Monday?

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

great b/w shot of the violin at night!

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

and I love the feather on newsprint!

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Glad you like them ILTV :)

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

always do

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home