Wednesday, April 18, 2007

soup and...oh my card has arrived

As I write, an inter city link man is hunting through his van for my pack of card related goodies from the craft site. I waited, for a while, all ready to open the door but he disappeared into the bowels of his van and hasn't reappeared.
Still!
How long does it take to find a pack of cards and envelopes? I wouldn't want this man to change a light bulb for me.

(just as well I do it myself).

Well I was going to whinge about soup. Since the advent (years ago) of the whole concept of hearty soups, meals unto themselves, stuffed with vegetable goodness and wholefoody stuff, it's been almost impossible to get a ready made soup which isn't packed to the gills with thick potato wadges and masses of big pasta lumps and further thickened with flour and cornflour and thickening agents. Pick up a pot of any fresh soup in a supermarket and you can see the stodgy, gluey mass of 'heartiness' glued to the bottom of the pot.

Now when I was younger, soup and a sandwich was my absolute favourite lunch. Dead simple, choose your own sani filling and add a quick packet (Knorr were my favourites, spring veg, chicken noodle and another thin one...oh and minestrone. In those days a light scattering of pasta was an unusual treat.). As far as I was concerned, the sani provided the protein and starch and if absolutely unavoidable, the veg. the soup was there to wash it down and add that nice warm, full feeling, and to be pleasantly salty.

So, Waitrose Minestrone, thinned down by half and salted up again with stock powder.

I preferred soup before the EU guidelines on food colourings and flavourings.

Me, I like COLOUR.

Here are the latest card designs*...




Pack of five, mixed, yours for £several...I've no idea. Need to wander round shops and stalls, observing, adding, dividing and multiplying costs, prices, desired profit and other kinds of profit. Oh, that would be expected profit!
What do you think?
And what do you think I should charge per card (picture mounted on nice, white, cream, blue or silver card and neatly packaged in cellophane.) if I were to try getting them displayed in local craft shops?
Any advice? Please :)


*If by some extraordinary chance you are a lurking card design thief, please note these are copyright, me. Or however you're supposed to say it. It says so at the bottom of the blog. It means it. (But if you want to put one on your desk top, that's fine :)
I suppose from now on I would like people to ask before printing their own copies...I will be selling mounted prints too. I can't very well say "except those of you who may have as many as you like because I know you're not going to use them for commercial purposes" cos that would rather undo the whole copyright thing. Other wise I would :)

Labels: , , ,

5 comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Oh. My. Gosh.

They're absolutely wonderful, Mig.
And I didn't give a thought to copyrights or any of that stuff when I whined for a photo of the finished product. (that's me...I sometimes don't 'think' outside of the immediate ...oops!)

They're really wonderful.
Prices--I don't have a clue what prints sell for in the UK.
Depending on the quality of stock, they can get pricey over here.
Have you researched the wonderful web for some ideas on price ranges? And have you considered online sales?

(absolutely, positively love the bench and birdies and the garden and the.......okay....see! LOL ALL OF THEM!)

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh you're one of the (several) people I don't mind having copies Mel.
To be honest, I can't really believe there are many people going round downloading other people's pictures and selling them as their own. And if there were, it's a big world. Plenty of room for two sets of pictures.
And if somebody did steal my pics and sell them and become famous on the strength of them and I wanted to prove they were mine, well, here's the evidence :)

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have absolutely no idea on price - research is obviously needed. Excellent pictures Mig, good choices.

Minestrone - Mr Stroney in my childhood home, much like house cheese and spreadymeat in yours.

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh I love that :)Mr Stroney for tea :)
And goodness me, spell check knows what it means!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

I'm a Heinz tomato soup fan myself

says it all really, don't it

have no idea on prices - what gorgeous images tho! research is called for. . .

and suitable outlets. . .

will put on my thinking cap (tho I suspect prices in SW13 are probably very out of kilter with the rest of the country due to too much flush city money)(baa humbug to flush city money, by the way)(unless it's being spent on your cards!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home