Monday, September 18, 2006

Don't let me ramble on too long

Because I have to go and check the curry before it sticks to the bottom of the pan.
I went to Reading today in search of a special bag (as described in excessive detail a post or two ago) . The bag I really thought would do the trick was available (nay, reserved for me by telephone on Saturday) in Muji which is possibly one of the coolest shops in the world.
I had a precise timetable worked out involving a quick dash to Reading, a visit to the butcher in Yattendon on the way back and a bit of shopping and banking in Newbury.
A pigeon slowed things down a bit on the way by flying into my wing mirror and necessitating (my goodness what a depresingly utilitarian word) a lengthy stop in the hedgerow for wing mirror resuscitation (using an assortment of keys and a penknife)
Unfortunately I was snared by many wonderful things in Muji and also realised that I had a better chance of getting a swimming cossie in John Lewis in Reading than in anywhere in Newbury (which is of the opinion that all right thinking people will not be swimming again till after Christmas).
So I have come home with a bag (YUES!!!) I mean (YES!!!) which is liberally covered with pockets and zippy bits and has no flappy bits and, well, it's ok (I think, I haven't actually stuffed everything into it yet), an early christmas present for someone (don't know who yet but it'll be good), two pouches, 3 small pochets, two picture frames, a CD wallet and a pastry brush. Oh and a swimming cossie. Oh and a pair of trainers. (sorry, cross-training shoes for women). Oops, got to go and stir the curry. (I thought you were going to remind me)

Mmmm lovely :)

I didn't get the tiny hairdryer though I really wanted to a lot. Restraint or what!
This all took a little bit longer than the original plan so I didn't get to the butchers. But I got most of everything else done and was only two hours later than I planned.
When I got home I thought "and I'd better find out what I did with my gig money on Saturday night"....since I couldn't find it when I was in Muji or when I was trying on trainers. A careful search of all my bags and purses and fiddle case and gig bag revealed nothing. "Trousers!" I thought. Aah, those trousers I washed on Sunday. Hmm.
Yes it was those ones. I now have some very clean money and a slightly shrivelled and tattered note concerning last Friday's plans.

You know? I think holidays bring out the best in me :)

Gosh, the kitchen looks as if a typhoon came through it! As if Barney made the dinner instead of me!
And I thought you were going to remind me about the curry. Just as well I set the pinger.

I was going to show you some notveryinteresting pictures of bags and shopping and stuff but blogger's off. Lucky you!

6 comments:

At 1:29 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Well, phooey on blogger! Hmmmmmmph!!

And I was looking forward to all the great finds too, dagnabbit!!

Ah well....two hours late, no butcher.....but curry and all those treasures?! Sounds like a good day to ME!

*hanging head*
Being one who's not fond of curry, I'll shoulder the blame for not reminding you to 'stir'. LOL I can be such a little martyr, huh?!
LOLOL

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I am impervious to small things like not stirring the curry....I have *the bag*.
Though it will have to be squeezed a bit to fit into the size restrictions :)

 
At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mig, I have a small travel hairdryer - let me know if you want to borrow it.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Thursday, you are an angel:) but I'm taking a fairly small thing that will do. (It was just such a dinky/tiny one...about 4 inches long! In a little case:)

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

I'm just jealous that you went to muji!

$-)

glad preparations are going well

:-)

will miss you

:-(

(and I remember last time someone lent me a sewing machine when mine was broken, couldn't part with it for yonks as it had all these extra features that mine didn't)

:-o

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I used to have an ancient hand wind singer. It just isn't the same experience. I think I could become quite attached to the whole sewing thing if I had a machine that would actually do the sewing for me. Especially if it didn't argue about the bobbin threading bit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home