Sunday, September 17, 2006

Wow! We did it :)

Well that's how I feel after my first (proper) blogmeet.
When first read Thursday's blog I immediately felt "I like this person"
When I first saw a picture of her I thought, "Oh yes I do like you".
And now, thanks to my adventurous daughter, Frangelita, we have actually met. Thursday is lovely. Tall, slim and blond with a merry smile. Wearing red and crystal beads and smart black and white (which I regret to say Nutmeg planted dirty pawmarks all over at the first opportunity).
What can I say other than the three of us had a great time, talked non-stop for what seemed like not quite long enough but was in fact an hour or four and it really was a bit like meeting an old friend.
I'm now exhausted (from so much talking) and still slightly over-excited (Fran says I was a bit over-excited when Thursday arrived but then I supose I'm like that).
(Oh and food didn't get dropped much and the blokes behaved very well and kept themselves out of the way and Thursday didn't look horrified when she saw my tip of a house :)
So, if this is how blog meets usually go, I'd do it again like a shot.
I hope me and Fran behaved well...we can be a bit of a team sometimes...(And thankyou again for the lovely flowers and wine, Thursday). I wish I'd thought to show her round the house only we were talking so much I kept forgetting it might be fun to do that but at least we wandered round the garden a bit.

The only downside is, now everyone's gone, I'm left with a mournful dog and a seriously merry husband (he waited at the pub till nearly 7.00 for a phone call to say it was OK to come home...not my idea, Fran and HF's arrangement between themselves, passed on erroneously from HF to Barney). Oh and while finishing off cooking the dinner, which Barney wasn't quite ready to do, I managed to pour some wine down my front...yes wasteful indeed but it wasn't the bottle Thursday brought as I generously sent that off with Fran (strict instructions to let it breathe before drinking as it was a very nice wine :)
Perhaps the other downside is that it may be quite a while before we do something like this again. It was fun.

Later I caught the last evening light (no sun)

and here's a sweet chapel in Avebury church

And some (genuine) mullioned windows from the Manor.Tomorrow I shall go bag hunting.
And now I shall go to sleep :)

10 comments:

At 3:56 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Wonderful photos, Mig.
And how special for you and Frangelita to make someone's day more special. (though I'm sure you feel it's the other way 'round)

*chuckling*
And I'm glad for the spillage to happen after the fact?

Wooohoooo for an awesome go of it for all of you!

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger Kata said...

Congrats on your successful meeting! I had a big weekend blog party 2 years ago and some of my Calif. bloggers came out to the ranch for a bit o' fun. Hey, I may be in England this xmas....;)

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

glad it went well (and hurrah for Thursday wearing lovely beads!)

I love that chapel photo. . . so peaceful and serene. . .

and the leaded light windows one too. . .

hope the bag hunting went well!

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope we DO do it again soon!

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger frangelita said...

All a trifle exhausting! But very well hosted. And not a sign of pigeons.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Yes we did well thankyou Mel and I'd do it again any time :)

Hey what about Christmas then Mangey? Wouldn't that be quite amazing :)

Thanks I and yes it did :)

Well in fairness Thursday we ought to come down your way (promise I'd get up and out at a sensible time) but I for one would love to do it again:)

Noises off...*squawk...sounds of pigeon being trampled underfoot*
I thi9nk your exhaustion was to do with a previous night's carousing Fran :) So was mine come to think of it...well other people carousing to our music anyway.

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

thi9nk? Oh well :)

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Mel said...

LOL I just read today's post and I THINK I know where that pigeon went!

:-D

If one meet is good, two is BETTER!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Urban Chick said...

ooh, how excitin'!

i love meeting a fellow blogger but it's been too long since my last blogmeet

must hunt down some more edinburgh-based blogs to read...

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Hope you find some UC.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home