Monday, March 13, 2006

Mixed bag

On the way home from work today, I saw one of those bunny bugs (for those of you who live amongst city lights not fields, that's a pickup truck with an array of spotlights on top of the cab. Bloke drives pickup around a field in the pitch dark with his mates standing in the back of the pickup carrrying rifles*. When he's got to a spot where he thinks there will be lots of rabbits feeding, he switches on the spots and while the bunnies are transfixed by the light, the blokes with the rifles shoot as many as they can. I know rabbits are a pest and nice to eat but it still makes me think of sledghammers and nuts. They shoot deer the same way but with more powerful rifles. What happened to dawn jaunts with a terrier and some ferrets?)
Anyway, this pickup had blue lights along the top of the cab. Bunny police?

I've taken to drinking veggie juice at work (V8 in a little bottle) and when I emerge from shopping, all thirsty and hungry and wanting a cig. However I am not kidding myself that two portion's worth of veg juice is the same as two portions of veg. Neither am I convinced that this is a good thing to drink as it's quite deliciously salty. I just like it.

And moving a little further along, isn't it funny how you always realise how much you should have bought a nice refreshing drink when you get half way into an impenetrable thicket of queues in the supermarket.

Moving a lot further, it's odd how easy it is to remember loo-roll while on the loo, worn tyres while driving urgently to work and the dentist when brushing your teeth. But never when noting down things that are very urgent and must be done today!!!! before they run out, burst or fall out.

A while ago I mentioned to a friend that our house at night reminds me of a ship (very romantic and picturesque). She emailed me recently to suggest a lit candle in an upstairs window to make you think of the women lighting candles to show sailors the way home.
So the other night, I was out with the dog in the moonlight and I thought...that's the picture, moon just right and the roof outlined against the clouds, and rushed in to get the camera etc. Only I forgot that to take a picture with a single candle glowing in the window I'd first have to get a candle in the right window and put out the other lights.
Back to ships in the night.



Candle some other time.

*I think they're only low calibre rifles (if that's the right expression) or maybe even air rifles.

2 comments:

At 4:29 AM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

THAT is an amazing picture! I love it.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I had a lot of fun putting it together :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home